Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

3 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

That's not the case for several others on here though. Being supportive of Dan Acheson for cracking down and punishing a corps for trying to do right by the displaced kids who were previously neglected at Pioneer and OC... is never going to sit right with me. From what you've posted in this thread, you feel the same way.

That is not why Arsenal had their Open class application suspended. 

If the Arsenal director had spoke about his group and highlighted the positive way they treat the members, and made the great offer to those Pio and OC kids, NONE of this would have happened. He did not do that. His own board says he was wrong. HE said he was wrong in what he posted. 

Personally, I would most likely have made a different call, but I understand why they did what they felt they had to do, based on their own policies that are in place today, that were available to Arsenal's director.

10 minutes ago, MikeD said:

That is not why Arsenal had their Open class application suspended. 

Do you agree that this mans metadata has been damanged for life? He is now associated with GH and the lot of them in the latest press piece now on google. Do you think potential employers have a chance of seeing anything but a sex offender when his syn tax becomes real and bites him in the butt? The damage is done he has been doxxed by dci, taggged as an undesirable is this where working with/at dci leads?

Edited by Bluzes

8 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Do you agree that this mans metadata has been damanged for life? He is now associated with GH and the lot of them in the latest press piece now on google. Do you think potential employers have a chance of seeing anything but a sex offender when his syn tax becomes real and bites him in the butt? The damage is done he has been doxxed by dci, taggged as an undesirable is this where working with/at dci leads?

No, I do not agree with the above at all, that he will be aligned with GH or seen as a sex offender. Whatever I think of how he went about this, I don't see how anyone would jump to that conclusion. As for future employers checking out his online presence....that is totally on him. He went on to REDDIT, not DCI. It may help him with some employers if they read what he was trying to do for the Pio and OC kids. It may hurt him with others if they come to the conclusion that he was a loose cannon posting "stuff" on social media. It may have zero impact. 

39 minutes ago, MikeD said:

No, I do not agree

Google him see what comes up that would not have if dci didn't force him there. It's fact his background checks will be tagged with anything bad about dci for years to come. Thr kids get it, you may not agree but right now in their mind dci is not worth getting doxxed over. Google does not care about how they are associated. This is a way bigger issue than a few short determinations can wash away.

How was this even justified dci needs the MMs more than they do housing.

Now they make an example of an Honor Student from Drexel who by 23 already established himself as a mentor in Sound Sort and has aspiring ambitions and doxxes him for life for no reason.

So the MMs see how quickly dci is ready to doxx. They aren't paying 5k to risk their careers over hurt feelings. Sure they are fired up they don't get care about aloof comments far a off planet.
So Moody gets an alleged digital scrub and the good guys gets the doxx. Everything is upside down. Not even fun to call it downside up anymore, sad.

Edited by Bluzes
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

21 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Google him see what comes up that would not have if dci didn't force him there. It's fact his background checks will be tagged with anything bad about dci for years to come. Thr kids get it, you may not agree but right now in their mind dci is not worth getting doxxed over. Google dos not care. This is a way bigger issue than a few short determinations can wash away.

How was this even justified dci needs the MMs more than they do housing.

Now they make an example of an Honor Student from Drexel who by 23 already established himself as a mentor in Sound Sort and has aspiring ambitions and doxxes him for life for no reason.

So the MMs see how quickly dci is ready to doxx. They aren't paying 5k to risk their careers over hurt feelings. Sure they are fired up they don't get care about aloof comments far a off planet.
So Moody gets an alleged digital scrub and the good guys gets the doxx. Everything is upside down. Not even fun to call it downside up anymore, sad.

I did as you requested which was an internet search on the name Spenser Lotz; I then added Arsenal and did a second search; then added DCI for a third search. In all cases I went 50 pages deep. On the first page the Arsenal website, the SoundSport site, and the DCP site all came up, but as the pages got deeper it was all untelated sites that had nothing to do with him or DCI. In no case was he ever associated in any way with GH, sex offenders, tagged with undesirables, or disparaged in any manner. So your point is....what?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

In the case of Hopkins, actual named people came forward...a bunch of them...and told their stories. In this case, there are no names attached  to these allegations as far as I can tell. 

Tricia Nadolny attached her name ( and reputation) to the story. She did keep her sources.. two of them.... confidental. She did find credible the person that came forth to her that said they were in the Crossmen's office and saw a receipt from the alleged payment by Corps Director Morrison to bury Mooney's past from public knowledge and scrutiny. People here can certainly contact Ms. Nadolny  directly to see if she can produce the receipt or additional hard proof to corroborate her claim, if that is what is required for some.

Given the fact that neither DCI HQ, nor Mr. Morrison himself has denied what the 2 sources told Ms. Nadolny, I am inclined to believe her report on what Mr. Morrison is alleged to have done. if you intend to remain suspicious of its validity, that is your perogative too, of course. Ms. Nadolny was convinced the person told her the truth. And she had another source that confirmed the story as well to her, before Ms. Nadolny went to press with it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I just listened to Drum Corps AF podcast episode “Free Arsenal.” He gets it. Recommended listening to all who are passionate about what just happened this week.

Ha!  I just sent you the link.  Great minds! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

His own board says he was wrong. HE said he was wrong in what he posted. 

Personally, I would most likely have made a different call, but I understand why they did what they felt they had to do, based on their own policies that are in place today, that were available to Arsenal's director.

Of course they said that. they were trying to protect the kids from being further harmed by DCI's ridiculous actions.  

And if they "felt they had to do" this, they lack the judgment and priorities necessary to lead DCI.

In any case, congrats on your 24,000 post!  I probably agreed with most of the first 23,999.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

I did as you requested which was an internet search on the name Spenser Lotz;

Stu you made me do it myself and the third thing that popped was was this would you hire this man not knowing anything about dci

http://www.philly.com/news/drum-corps-international-arsenal-sexual-harassment-george-hopkins-spenser-lotz-20190116.html

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Do you agree that this mans metadata has been damanged for life? He is now associated with GH and the lot of them in the latest press piece now on google. 

Thats absurd. Nobody is .. or will... associate him with George Hopkins, but YOU. Just stop with this  total mischaracterization of the young Man here, and any perceived future association with " George Hopkins" in the minds of anyone, but YOU.

Edited by BRASSO