Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

35 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Google him see what comes up that would not have if dci didn't force him there. It's fact his background checks will be tagged with anything bad about dci for years to come. Thr kids get it, you may not agree but right now in their mind dci is not worth getting doxxed over. Google does not care about how they are associated. This is a way bigger issue than a few short determinations can wash away.

How was this even justified dci needs the MMs more than they do housing.

Now they make an example of an Honor Student from Drexel who by 23 already established himself as a mentor in Sound Sort and has aspiring ambitions and doxxes him for life for no reason.

So the MMs see how quickly dci is ready to doxx. They aren't paying 5k to risk their careers over hurt feelings. Sure they are fired up they don't get care about aloof comments far a off planet.
So Moody gets an alleged digital scrub and the good guys gets the doxx. Everything is upside down. Not even fun to call it downside up anymore, sad.

DCI did not "force" him to post on reddit. He chose to do so. Where did DCI doxx him?

Note the word "alleged" on what Morrison is said to have done for Moody. No named source, no image of a receipt, only two unnamed sources alleging that this happened. Nothing for DCI to act on or even comment on, IMO. Even if I personally believe that it happened, I don't know that it happened, if you get the difference.  

14 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Of course they said that. they were trying to protect the kids from being further harmed by DCI's ridiculous actions.  

And if they "felt they had to do" this, they lack the judgment and priorities necessary to lead DCI.

In any case, congrats on your 24,000 post!  I probably agreed with most of the first 23,999.

Goodness, 24000????? Waaaaaay too many!   

We will agree to disagree on this one, I guess. As I said, I most likely would have made a different call, but I understand why they made the call they did. Once he went and posted to reddit he pretty much ensured that DCI would not remotely reconsider this, IMO. 

Just now, MikeD said:

DCI did not "force" him to post on reddit. He chose to do so. Where did DCI doxx him?

Is there not any common ground here? If you went to work tomorrow and innocently, with the best intentions for your students tripped up like this and are devastated. Would you want an old fart like me treating you like a discarded part # just delete your life? Nothing more to see here close the thread.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, MikeD said:

. Even if I personally believe that it happened, I don't know that it happened,.  

True. None of us do. 

DCI HQ does not have a lot of remaining credibility at the moment however on such issues when compared with a reporter than has no known ties at all to DCI and the Drum Corps activity in general. Her investigative reporting so far seems believable to me. So until shown otherwise, given the fact that neither Fred Morrison , nor Dan Acheson (or anyone else at DCI HQ) have denied the findings by Ms. Nadolny,  I'm inclined to believe her findings re. Fred Morrison.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Google him the recent press release is 3rd on the list for me. Read it says he resigned, read further GH resigned, other names are mentioned that were forced to resign. Here is how dci doxxed him, he is now in the "dci/Google Hall of Shame" he resigned with the rest of them, public perception is people that resign are guilty the picture paints itself would you hire him?
Just another example of how this is upside down he is not a child molester. His lawsuit is real dci is the target.

I haven't red all the pages and I might be behind the latest developement. However my impression is, the way the offer was writen, it was a mistake based on age and experience.  Just wait 1-2 hours before you press "send" on something you wrote on behalf of an organisation. Read it again and make the obvious ajustment that you would have seen if you waited 2 hours and re-read yourself! 

When I red the original offer, I was surprise that everybody here were on board with that.  I thought it was a terrible way to make an offer.  I also thought that DCI answer was fine. To me, their answer was: "Wooooah... hold on. We need to talk. Your evaluation in on hold until we have a talk".

I felt there were an over reaction from the corps director who refuse to take the post out until he get personnal attention and became almost harcelant calling and writing 3-4 time in less than 24 hours.  I don't know for you, but we all have a life, duty and task. This could have wait a few more hours. Yes it is important and yes there is also 50 other important things going on at the same time. It was minor until someone decide to burn the house down. And it wasn't DCI. 

It is only after that, that I see a second reply stating 2020.  Even then, when you put yourself in a corner, there is nowhere else to go. A suspension is just what it is. Suspended until further notice... until we study your case. 

In YEA! case, suspension was what everybody here propose as the right course of action when suspicion arise on other employee and staff. Once clear, everybody find is job (evaluation) back on track. 

The final overaction of the corps director was by droping everything, quitting the job, cancellation of the next camp, and washing his hand of all this... after publishing internal emails. That was the perfect way to make sure that you will never be welcome anymore.

Being in charge of an organisation is full of frustration along the road. 

I would be worry to send kids on the road knowing that the person in charge might overact and leave everything there when things don't get his way.  Tour is difficult. Everybody get tired, none on tour think the same way, conflict of personality happen all the time. All that happen between any of these: volunteers, drivers, staff, admin, members, housing host, stadium and parking personal, etc.  Transportation problem, even with brand new vehicules might happen, so does housing problem, rain, stadium difficulty, no AC in gym, etc. 

Really, I would be worry to go on tour with an emotional person at the helm who can't stay calm, cold head and bring others down when needed.

And it is obvious to me that DCI cannot reply and tell their side of the story. Whatever that say will only give new flesh and open new argumentation they are sure to loose.  Even saying exactly what people want them to say will be met with:  "yes but it came too late, lets fire everyone", "yes but it is insuffisant", "that would have been a good answer yesterday but not anymore, what a bunch of morron", etc. 

I am happy I am not in DCI shoes. I could never do the job they do. Not half of it. And I don't know many that could. It is easy to fire everyone, but be cautious of who's gonna be the replacement. You may find it worse than what was there in the first place.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Gabe92
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Google him the recent press release is 3rd on the list for me. Read it says he resigned, read further GH resigned, other names are mentioned that were forced to resign. Here is how dci doxxed him, he is now in the "dci/Google Hall of Shame" he resigned with the rest of them, public perception is people that resign are guilty the picture paints itself would you hire him?
Just another example of how this is upside down he is not a child molester. His lawsuit is real dci is the target.

What lawsuit? Is that posted someplace?

If he had not gone on reddit, NONE of this subsequent stuff would have happened. DCI never mentioned his name in their News article that placed the Arsenal application on hold. 

I have  seen nothing that aligns him that way with GH, RB or anyone else. You can interpret this any way you like, but IMO you are going waaaaay out there on this one. We will have to agree to disagree, I guess.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Stu you made me do it myself and the third thing that popped was was this would you hire this man not knowing anything about dci

Just figuered it out in that it depends on the search engine if the article pops up early or late in the sesrch. So to answer your question: In the article he is not associated at all with GH or any other nefarious sexual situation; in fact the article shows him in a positive light. But would I hire him? He did admit that he violated the policy of disperiging other DCI organizations withn a public forum without knowing the governing policies. It is the posting of those remarks on a public forum (as the director of a DCI affiliated organization) and not as a private citizen in which I would have reservations of hiring him in the capacity of Executive Director, but would probably hire him as an intern or low level employee. Why? Knowing when, where, how, and what to say publically as opposed to privately is vital in the role of a CEO. And he shows signs he is not ready for that high of a position.

Edited by Stu