Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

29 minutes ago, Gabe92 said:

He didn't refuse after being ask by someone. He just didn't do it. Once he knew it was the problem, he didn't do it. 

It would have been easier to say... " I removed it as soon as I realize there was a problem but couldn't control how fast it spread" 

From his own word: 

Although I initially stated that I would remove the post, I did not because I was looking for clarification from DCI and because I understood that removing the post at that point would be a meaningless gesture as it had already been shared over four different social media platforms by a variety of drum corps influencers.

22 minutes ago, skevinp said:

That is in no way a refusal.  It does not even say they told him to take it down, but that he offered to do so, and then sought their input to ensure he knew what they wanted him to do.  For all he may have known, they might have said not to, as that might have understood that taking it down could cast DCI in a bad light.  

Here is a possibility in the timeline, not saying it is correct, but possible. Lotz informed DCI via email that he would in fact take down the post on Reddit. However he decided not to and admitted as such, "Although I initially stated that I would remove the post, I did not...".  Then when Dan saw that it was still up he viewed that as noncomplience to a promise made and stopped the OC application process. Plausible?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ouooga said:

That kind of 'what if' argument is an incredibly terrible way to make business decisions or view anything in hindsight. By that logic, the whole Arsenal discussion is theoretically moot because there's always a chance the corps' hall could get hit by a comet.

I have to assume that if a corps was going to take the time to submit for evaluation, then at least internally they anticipated passing.

there have been several corps that thought they were ready only to find out, oops, not yet

6 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

Ok, so now re-read the post you quoted again because it is directly applicable to what you just wrote.

Here, I'll paste it again for you just to make sure, and even bold the important bits so to make it extra easy:

Which is why I don't understand why you (and a few others) feel the need to then explain why Dan Acheson was within his rights to do what he did. Everyone knows that. It doesn't change the fact that I strongly oppose the way he handled the situation. What is the point of beating that drum, if not to show you support Acheson and attempt to discredit his critics?

I don't support Dan and I've called for his head. I keep pointing it out to you because maybe, just maybe, you'll realize "we live in a world that has rules son". There are several laws in our country i think are ####### stupid, but i also know...they're the law, can't do a ###### thing about it.

6 hours ago, ouooga said:

DCI has rules in place. DCI does not have pre-outlined punishments in place. No one's arguing that a rule was broken, they're arguing that the punishment does not fit the crime.

A guy is doing 5 MPH over the speed limit. He gets a ticket, and a judge ultimately decides to give him life in prison, because the speed limit is a rule that was broken. Most people would assume that's not just, and would argue that the law has clearly-defined punishments for specific crimes, and this decision is outside of that.

DCI doesn't have those prescribed punishments, so instead the organization defaults to the decision of the CEO. In this case, many of us view that the CEO did not act within the best interests of all involved. That's an opinion, sure, but it's one we're all very entitled to have. 

and i said a few posts ago, the punishments should be outlined....but they don't have to be.you're confusing the rules of a private organization with the laws of the land. very different things.

40 minutes ago, Stu said:

rlong with alleged Bigfoot, alleged Area 51 Aliens, alleged grassy knoll shooter,...

Yep, and you forgot the SkyNet Super Moon Hub that will drive your car. But back to business. The David & Goliath Civil Suit Against DCI.
The survivor was harmed for life had a bright future was a good guy all the things we know about him. Now his College Education is useless and his future earnings are impacted. At 23 that is sizable damages whatever they are.

Now at dci Dan is likely to be meeting with his department heads. Asking to begin documenting, loss receipt and other costs projections over certain time frames 5 years, 10, years, in this case, they may need to go 40 years out to get him to retirement. 

Real spreadsheets whatever is needed and required to prove real damage. putting a dollar value on the effects that the Reddit post WOULD have on dci's projected revenues if they did not act this quickly.

They caused real damage and need to justify their urgency. The burden of proof is on dci. To justify this use of force, and it takes more than Dan was shaving when he found out and cut himself, real damage needs to be presented. 

Edited by Bluzes
typo

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Yep, and you forgot the SkyNet Super Moon Hub that will drive your car. But back to business. The David & Goliath Civil Suit Against DCI.
The survivor was harmed for life had a bright future was a good guy all the things we know about him. Now his College Education is useless and his future earnings are impacted. At 23 that is sizable damages whatever they are.

Now at dci Dan is likely to be meeting with his department heads. Asking to begin documenting, loss receipt and othe costs projections over certain time frames 5 years, 10, years, in this case, they may need to go 40 years out to get him to retirement. 

Real spreadsheets whatever is needed and required to prove real damage. putting a dollar value on the effects that the Reddit post WOULD have on dci's projected revenues if they did not act this quickly.

They caused real damage and need to justify their urgency. The burden of proof is on dci. To justify this use of force, and it takes more than Dan was shaving when he found out and cut himself, real damage needs to be presented. 

Don't give up your day job; this fantasy novel synopsis is too bad to ever get published. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

there have been several corps that thought they were ready only to find out, oops, not yet

DCI however paints this young Corps Director as essentially a trouble maker. Someone they could not work with because of it. DCI wants us to believe they reached out to him to work with him to correct the issue that was of " paramount importance to DCI HQ" but he would not take advantage of their offers to come into compliance with their wishes in a timely manner.

That doesn't pass the smell test. Sorry. No Corps Director, whose new Corps is under evaluation for potential Open Class participation, is likely not going to not fully cooperate with the wishes of the evaluators that make such decisions.  A whole year of work and preparation went into getting into position for a successful evaluation. So its just not plausable that this SL was a trouble making who resisted their overtures, and so Dan's hand was somehow forced with no alternative but to pull the plug on him and his Corps for 2019. I 'm not buying DCI's statement of their reaching out to him, but that he essentially resisted their offers to change. That he was essentially a troublemaker, that DCI HQ could not future work with.  No. I'm just not buying that DCI HQ caricature of him.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Dan said worse disparging comments explaing why he ousted them do the rules apply to Dan?

they aren't a member

6 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

I'm not disagreeing with either of you, but your posts lead to a point I've been looking for a way to make.  ...and this is a somewhat gushy post, so grab your bootstraps!

Here is what I've come to learn about the current group of marchers and others their age (generalizing, not specific individuals of course).  Most tend to be very accepting of others, inclusive, and understanding.  ...and yet, they are loud!  Now mind you, this isn't always a negative reaction.  Whether for or against something, they demand to be heard, they demand action, they demand equality, and they demand change - and they have technology to help them do it.  It goes without saying they are not afraid at all to use it either!  It's easy to understand why when you look at the events that have unfolded in their lives.  Some have never known life prior to 9/11......just let that sit for a moment.  Anyway, my point is, if you look at their actions, their reddit ranting, their support of their friends, their frustration with "the man", their change.orgs, their longing for justice, and their memes to paint a picture should words not be enough, you will see that underneath all that they are looking to change the world.  They are looking for safety, for security, for inclusiveness, for belonging, and generally watching the backs of their fellow marchers whom they may have never met.  Regardless of it all, if you sit back and weed through all of it, they are an INCREDIBLE and HARD-WORKING group of extremely talented, gifted, and passionate young adults...and it's amazing!   Pretty soon, they'll have the reigns.  I wonder what they'll do?!

my parents generation, the kids of th 50's and 60's were the same way, minus the technology. Look at us now LOL

4 hours ago, Stu said:

That was yours truly! And the irony here is that I am being painted by someone here as defending child abusers!

i've called you many things, but never that