Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

4 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I just listened to Drum Corps AF podcast episode “Free Arsenal.” He gets it. Recommended listening to all who are passionate about what just happened this week.

read Kevin Gamins post on the AF Facebook page. Even got Lotz to respond. I'm going to just give Gadget props and say he summed up my thoughts far better than I have

3 hours ago, MikeD said:

That is not why Arsenal had their Open class application suspended. 

If the Arsenal director had spoke about his group and highlighted the positive way they treat the members, and made the great offer to those Pio and OC kids, NONE of this would have happened. He did not do that. His own board says he was wrong. HE said he was wrong in what he posted. 

Personally, I would most likely have made a different call, but I understand why they did what they felt they had to do, based on their own policies that are in place today, that were available to Arsenal's director.

and as Dan pointed out, he broke Arsenal's own social media policy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Don't give up your day job; this fantasy novel synopsis is too bad to ever get published. Just sayin'.

If I need to go back and tag this as hypo I will. But it is not far fetched from the types of civil suits that have come before. If this is too far out of DCP's sandbox kick the castle down. This is more likely to see the light of day than not.

10 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

If I need to go back and tag this as hypo I will. But it is not far fetched from the types of civil suits that have come before. If this is too far out of DCP's sandbox kick the castle down. This is more likely to see the light of day than not.

Liable, which would likely be the civil case if brought forth, must show that the actions caused direct harm in loss of tangible income, job position, etc... Lotz was a volunteer who stepped down on his own accord and admitted that he did in fact violate the policy. Thus imo a civil suit would be laughable at best if attempted.

Edited by Stu

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

True. None of us do. 

DCI HQ does not have a lot of remaining credibility at the moment however on such issues when compared with a reporter than has no known ties at all to DCI and the Drum Corps activity in general. Her investigative reporting so far seems believable to me. So until shown otherwise, given the fact that neither Fred Morrison , nor Dan Acheson (or anyone else at DCI HQ) have denied the findings by Ms. Nadolny,  I'm inclined to believe her findings re. Fred Morrison.

and i believe her...but without some documents to back it up, DCi won't do a thing, because they'll say it was before the new rules went into place

28 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

DCI however paints this young Corps Director as essentially a trouble maker. Someone they could not work with because of it. DCI wants us to believe they reached out to him to work with him to correct the issue that was of " paramount importance to DCI HQ" but he would not take advantage of their offers to come into compliance with their wishes in a timely manner.

That doesn't pass the smell test. Sorry. No Corps Director, whose new Corps is under evaluation for potential Open Class participation, is likely not going to not fully cooperate with the wishes of the evaluators that make such decisions.  A whole year of work and preparation went into getting into position for a successful evaluation. So its just not plausable that this SL was a trouble making who resisted their overtures, and so Dan's hand was somehow forced with no alternative but to pull the plug on him and his Corps for 2019. I 'm not buying DCI's statement of their reaching out to him, but that he essentially resisted their offers to change. That he was essentially a troublemaker, that DCI HQ could not future work with.  No. I'm just not buying that DCI HQ caricature of him.

as posted above, he offered to take the post down, then opted not to do it. thats not exactly willing to work with them

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

And I have earned every name you have thrown my way, thank you very much!! 😎

twice on a few occasions 😂

26 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Don't forget, even Lotz admitted he broke the rules, and the Arsenal BOD seems OK as well. 

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

as posted above, he offered to take the post down, then opted not to do it. thats not exactly willing to work with them

The more I think about it, a broken promise like that would not go over well with a CEO. And (if) that is the case, the pulling of the application makes more sense.