Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:
50 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Welcome to search engines, metadata, etc, etc... no surprise and only way not to be tracked like that is not to post on the web

It all started by sending funny cat videos on FB.

If DCP was a person applying for a job. DCP is now associated with a Whitehouse petition but the content is blank?? Red Flag
Then AI digs deeper and finds 100 blank messages??? AI places DCP in the trash folder. 

Not questioning DCP, they have a responsibility to keep the site held to highest standards. What my example shows is that deleting the content does not erase the metadata that is still tracked forever. To alter your metadata is akin to scrubbing your digital footprint. 

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

I am passed all that but am stuck on how the punishment fits the crime on Mr. Lotz. I am also stumped why defending dciDan now is important? A dumpster fire erupted into the house burning down. Where is the 20/20 hindsight focused other than dci policy? It was too vague and resulted in good intentions turning bad. They admit that in their statement where they said the policy will be reviewed and improved upon. Dci decisions/action are not above scrutiny and dci has liability to the damage it causes and has insurance. Your statements are appreciated but way off base about civil liability. In a parallel universe any knowledgeable person on DCP could be in his place. Under King Dan he decides who's head he wants on his plate. We are all just as guilty.   

Defending Dan from being attacked for making decisions he is supposed to make is a bad thing? As I have said many times, I most likely would have made a different call, but I have no responsibility. Dan made the call he thought he should make, based on the evidence he had at the time. Lotz took a marvelous idea and destroyed it with his blatant disregard for DCI's rules. 

He then compounded his problem by posting on reddit, and then further by posting private emails he received. HE caused the damage, not Dan. Once he took those steps, there is no way DCI would back down. If he had worked within DCI, it is at least possible there may have been a different final outcome, but we will never know.

DCI made a general statement that all policies and procedures involving moving between divisions are open for review and modifications, as just about any corporation would do as normal business operations. Good for them, and I hope there are updates moving forward.

Who said DCI is not above scrutiny? Certainly not me, or anyone I have seen posting. In order for there to be civil liability and damages, there need to be cases brought, and I don't see any case for Lotz or Arsenal, especially given both of their own public statements. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Defending Dan from being attacked for making decisions he is supposed to make is a bad thing?

Dan's decisions are a bad thing.:lol:

16 hours ago, Stu said:

Here is a possibility in the timeline, not saying it is correct, but possible. Lotz informed DCI via email that he would in fact take down the post on Reddit. However he decided not to and admitted as such, "Although I initially stated that I would remove the post, I did not...".  Then when Dan saw that it was still up he viewed that as noncomplience to a promise made and stopped the OC application process. Plausible?

15 hours ago, Stu said:

The more I think about it, a broken promise like that would not go over well with a CEO. And (if) that is the case, the pulling of the application makes more sense.

14 hours ago, Stu said:

In my hosehold I learned early on that your word is the most valuable asset you have. And a broken promise is a form of dishonesty; and the worst punishments I received were when I lied or broke promises.

Show where Spenser Lotz said he promised to take his post down... or retract the references to such, and admit you were wrong about that.

53 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

What my example shows is that deleting the content does not erase the metadata that is still tracked forever. To alter your metadata is akin to scrubbing your digital footprint. 

True dat on the metadata from what I can tell. BTW ever notice if you post something on dcp and someone quotes it, if you later change that post the quote is not changed. No scrubbing there lol

42 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Defending Dan from being attacked for making decisions he is supposed to make is a bad thing? As I have said many times, I most likely would have made a different call, but I have no responsibility. Dan made the call he thought he should make, based on the evidence he had at the time. Lotz took a marvelous idea and destroyed it with his blatant disregard for DCI's rules. 

He then compounded his problem by posting on reddit, and then further by posting private emails he received. HE caused the damage, not Dan. Once he took those steps, there is no way DCI would back down. If he had worked within DCI, it is at least possible there may have been a different final outcome, but we will never know.

DCI made a general statement that all policies and procedures involving moving between divisions are open for review and modifications, as just about any corporation would do as normal business operations. Good for them, and I hope there are updates moving forward.

Who said DCI is not above scrutiny? Certainly not me, or anyone I have seen posting. In order for there to be civil liability and damages, there need to be cases brought, and I don't see any case for Lotz or Arsenal, especially given both of their own public statements. 

As for civil liability, depending on whose version of the facts is correct, I would think either DCI or Lotz could make a claim for defamation regarding public statements as to whether DCI offered Arsenal the opportunity to correct the issue, and whether their leadership chose not to discuss options for moving forward, before making the decision.  

I doubt legal action would be in the interest of either party, however.

33 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

True dat on the metadata from what I can tell. BTW ever notice if you post something on dcp and someone quotes it, if you later change that post the quote is not changed. No scrubbing there lol

True I get it, I would help DCP if they asked. DCP has sponsors the content needs to tempered standards need to be maintained and they do a good job to keep stuff in line.

The fact that DCP is still tied to the content when messages are deleted is the way things work. It would be in the best interest of DCP to take things to the next level and alter the metadata on deleted messages as PR firms do for big business. It is not illegal to do that. I have experience looking after my 3 letter company's online presence.

Edited by Bluzes

32 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Show where Spenser Lotz said he promised to take his post down... or retract the references to such, and admit you were wrong about that.

There are two references: His proported time-line post and within the article. In these he stated/offered that he would take it down, not on condition of anything, but then chose not to do so. Please remember that by this time he knew it was agaist DCI policy, irrespective if the OC app had already been susspended or not. Offereing or stating to take it down after knowing it violated policy is both a great gesture and a promise; choosing to leave it up instead is a spit at the policy and a broken promise. Now before anyone tries to parse his words here think about this: As a kid growing up would your parsing work on your Mom if you told her you would do something and then decided not to?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

....What my example shows is that deleting the content does not erase the metadata that is still tracked forever. To alter your metadata is akin to scrubbing your digital footprint. 

So...... Is it your opinion that the supposed/alleged Fred app is a hoax, and whoever gets it has been scammed?

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

There are two references: His proported time-line post and within the article. In these he stated/offered that he would take it down, not on condition of anything, but then chose not to do so. Please remember that by this time he knew it was agaist DCI policy, irrespective if the OC app had already been susspended or not. Offereing or stating to take it down after knowing it violated policy is both a great gesture and a promise; choosing to leave it up instead is a spit at the policy and a broken promise. Now before anyone tries to parse his words here think about this: As a kid growing up would your parsing work on your Mom if you told her you would do something and then decided not to?

According to his Facebook post, he only said he was willing to take the post down.

Again, if you cannot show us where he ever promised to take the post down:

• stop putting words in his mouth
  • retract the four times you have done so
  • admit you were mistaken