Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I went to DCI Facebook and Twitter and my iPad caught on fire reading the comments. 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Facebook had comments turned off last i looked

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

an infraction did occur and was acknolodged as such by Lotz. He goes on to defend his Reddit posting, but even he admitted it defied DCI rules.

What rules exactly because the rules contradict each other. 
If you don't speak up you are accused of neglecting the status as a mandated reporter. Protected if you do with all kinds of fancy words associated with being a good person.
Then if you do speak up under the old social media rules you get fired.
This is the abuse of power neglecting any type of manageable damage control to occur out of spite. This thread goes away and the reddit post gets buried and forgotten. There was no plan to control any of this plain & simple.
What I see in the ex-directors post is the word fraudulent associated with dci's response (dci should take note of that comment) This young nam is on the ball stood up to dci and won. dci received the bigger black eye he has a bright future. Perception Is Reality dci will be chasing their tails on this for a long time. 

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Rightfully so.

yeah worse than here.

so what did we learn today?

DCI has a rule, and they enforced it, and did so in a way that got them blasted as super heavy handed. The Arsenal director posted the emails from DCI officials....but did he email them back and were they published?

But...let's look at what DCI said......ok so can't be evaluated in 2019. But yet can try again next year. Oh and they can do Soundsport still this year.

so the more I read, the more DCI's stance is confuzzling. So....what is it exactly DCI is saying? I read the rules on the site Dan referred to in his email. no specific punishment is spelled out. So is it just this, or is there more to it?

I am officially convinced DCi can't wipe it's own ### without getting #### all over everything.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Even the apologists for DCI have to come around to the conclusion by now that Dan A. is incapable of navigating DCI through this tumultuous period of DCI.  Its not my call, or course,. but he appears to many to not know how to handle this period well  . He's  probably thinking "   I did not sign up for all this". It landed on his lap, but he looks distressed, maybe lost 40 lbs or more ? DCI needs to start anew with a person that knows how to work with the press when its advisable, and is someone not tied in long term work/ friendship relationships with some of the movers/ shakers in DCI Corps so much. Hard to imagine the apologists for DCI still believe that Dan A. is still the right person to right this ship. Do they want DCI to go potentially go down in flames thinking " " well, he was a good Captain " we still think ?

it's not just Dan. it's the entire board. Why? Cause Dan doesn't have the balls to act without their ok.

the entire governance structure needs to be burned down

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Are we that childish that a dci shill needs to resort to name calling are you getting paid by the post?

if I'm not paid by the post, no one is

31 minutes ago, Stu said:

I am not defending DCI in their decision to drop Arsenal from OC evaluation. At this juncture I now see it as a jump reaction and rather draconian. That said, did anyone else beside me catch this statement in the article: "Lotz said he had been unaware of DCI’s social media policy but acknowledged that his statement was in violation."  Whether or not any of us thinks the decision was draconian, or we point to something like OJ Simpson likely got away with murder due to his star status, an infraction did occur and was acknolodged as such by Lotz. He goes on to defend his Reddit posting, but even he admitted it defied DCI rules.

caught it yes. i'd love to see if he emailed them back and what he said

9 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

What rules exactly because the rules contradict each other. 
If you don't speak up you are accused of neglecting the status as a mandated reporter. Protected if you do with all kinds of fancy words associated with being a good person.
Then if you do speak up under the old social media rules you get fired.
This is the abuse of power neglecting any type of manageable damage control to occur out of spite. This thread goes away and the reddit post gets buried and forgotten. There was no plan to control any of this plain & simple.
What I see in the ex-directors post is the word fraudulent associated with dci's response (dci should take note of that comment) This young nam is on the ball stood up to dci and won. dci received the bigger black eye he has a bright future. Perception Is Reality dci will be chasing their tails on this for a long time. 

the rule is in a link i posted in a few places here about how DCI related personnel are to post on social media. that rule has nothing to do with people reporting abuse

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Ha!  Silencing people. 

things get turned off here from time to time too