Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

7 hours ago, Stu said:

And yet another... You blasted Jeff and I thinking that we played the popularity contest, even though we both stated we do not care one iota about those little greenies. Now you have multiple times in this thread pointed to your own popularity ratio. :doh:

I don’t even know where to find this rating and I don’t care. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

you guys remember when George Hopkins insulted in an entire portion of the country because his prey corps members didn't have enough turf fields to rehearse on?

And dci didn’t have these rules in place 

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

What Aresenal director did wasn’t wrong. He spoke some pretty obvious truth. If not, please point out to me the portions that were factually incorrect. So now, because he spoke disparagingly of sexual harassers and abusers of MMs, he gets tossed. Just insanely horrible optics on the part of Dan Acheson. There must be a bunker mentality going on at DCI right now. 

Sometimes telling the truth has unintended consequences. A customer once admitted buying a new car during the application process and it put their debt to income ratios out of whack.... and it ended up killing their purchase of a home. 

33 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Yes, I saw that.  I also saw when he posted private communication with DCI on an open Facebook page, including contact telephone numbers not intended to be made public.  He should face consequences for those actions.

Which brings us back to the far more important point.  He, not the entire corps, should face consequences.

And imo if I’m the board, I call Dan to discuss that option and don’t advertise it. 

Anyone else get the idea that things slid so badly with member safety now DCI feels they have to be hard butts on all the rules. 

Yeah Arsenal head screwed up with the posts but imo punishment was way over the line. And since he took himself out at least DCI could consider the evaluation for 2019 even if passing would be questionable with having to find new management.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

1,000,000,0000,000,000 more than ever why would they change

I get all that I didn't know the Philly Inquirer printed that many newspapers this is getting worse by the minute!

9 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Oh yea I have a bot that takes care of that. I am batting .402. a 667 + rating divded by1656 posts . Ironic some of my favorite critics are batting in the low 100's, go figure

...it was 666 when I looked at it 😅😅

3 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

What Aresenal director did wasn’t wrong. He spoke some pretty obvious truth. If not, please point out to me the portions that were factually incorrect. So now, because he spoke disparagingly of sexual harassers and abusers of MMs, he gets tossed. Just insanely horrible optics on the part of Dan Acheson. There must be a bunker mentality going on at DCI right now. 

The content may not have been wrong but the method most certainly was. It wasn't handled in an appropriate and professional manner and that is what makes it wrong. Here is how he SHOULD have handled it.

- Sent out social media post offering reduced fees to PIO and OC members. Full stop.

-Approached DCI directly to voice his concerns over the current state of member care within the activity and offered HIS support to help clean things up.

Had he done this he would have won fans of the public and at DCI. Surely people here understand basic business protocol when it comes to the use of social media.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I am not thinking anything I have posts directed at me to prove it. I don't start fights but I am treated like a Sound Sport director looking up the DCP ivory tower step out of line and you are crushed like an ant. I think I am in good company. I would hook my carriage to that young director's horses any day. I can be tracked like a dog. Kicked to the curb analyzed to no end, be scolded, made to apologize at times and have baby pictures sent my way. Told that DCP Veterans don't like my comments, my mindset or me personally. This behavior is all acceptable towards me because of some DCP Veterans have a case of The Bluzes, Get over yourselves.

You’re going off the rails again.  If this thread is closed, it will be the third one that will be closed because you have strayed so far from the subject matter. 

Stop.  This is important. 

• Thanks 7

56 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

School administrators will appreciate that dci has a social media policy as many schools are creating them as well

Yep, they are going to appreciate bad news about Drum Corps in the morning paper. Then the upcoming GH perp walks on TV morning in night who needs social media dci found a way around all that. They are now in the newsprint and on TV. When was the last time they polished their image in the Press, on TV? Was the housing issue even addressed at the meeting? dci is shooting themselves in the foot more often than not. Why don't I see the bright side what exactly are the school administrators so excited about?

• Confused 1