Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

9 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

...it was 666 when I looked at it 😅😅

I caught that, needed to post another drunken senseless post to fix. Like why did dci take the course of action they did and how is that helping them exactly, just stupid stuff

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

The content may not have been wrong but the method most certainly was. It wasn't handled in an appropriate and professional manner and that is what makes it wrong. Here is how he SHOULD have handled it.

- Sent out social media post offering reduced fees to PIO and OC members. Full stop.

-Approached DCI directly to voice his concerns over the current state of member care within the activity and offered HIS support to help clean things up.

Had he done this he would have won fans of the public and at DCI. Surely people here understand basic business protocol when it comes to the use of social media.

...because how dare he (and we as a community) admit our current state of member care in two corps not active (1 suspended, 1 in hiatus), as well as many others, is not up to par.  How dare we admit that these adults are placed in a position of trust and it is their responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of every marching member on that field.  DCI is well aware o the state of current member care and DCI has chosen to sit on their thumbs & spin instead of taking action.  I can think of a particular corps specifically whose director was ON THE DCI BOD!  Conflict of interest?  Perhaps.  Regardless, sweeping crumbs under a rug doesn't get rid of the crumbs...and burning the house down for a speck of dust is just crazy.

"Actions speak louder than words, and sometimes inaction speaks louder than both of them"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

I am not thinking anything I have posts directed at me to prove it. I don't start fights but I am treated like a Sound Sport director looking up the DCP ivory tower step out of line and you are crushed like an ant. I think I am in good company. I would hook my carriage to that young director's horses any day. I can be tracked like a dog. Kicked to the curb analyzed to no end, be scolded, made to apologize at times and have baby pictures sent my way. Told that DCP Veterans don't like my comments, my mindset or me personally. This behavior is all acceptable towards me because of some DCP Veterans have a case of The Bluzes, Get over yourselves.

Ok I am severely confused so before another thread gets derailed: you do or don’t care if people like you?

its an online forum. Not everyone will get along and everyone gets called out for stuff they post. So if you want to post here realize you may get your words thrown back at you and your ego may get bruised. I can point you to other places that would make you cry

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DCIat14 said:

...because how dare he (and we as a community) admit our current state of member care in two corps not active (1 suspended, 1 in hiatus), as well as many others, is not up to par.  How dare we admit that these adults are placed in a position of trust and it is their responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of every marching member on that field.  DCI is well aware o the state of current member care and DCI has chosen to sit on their thumbs & spin instead of taking action.  I can think of a particular corps specifically whose director was ON THE DCI BOD!  Conflict of interest?  Perhaps.  Regardless, sweeping crumbs under a rug doesn't get rid of the crumbs...and burning the house down for a speck of dust is just crazy.

"Actions speak louder than words, and sometimes inaction speaks louder than both of them"

That isn't at all what I said so stop being so emotional in your response. It may have made you feel good that he made the statement he did but it wasn't handled in a professional way by him. Full stop.

Yes, things need to change within the activity and at DCI HQ. There still needs to be a basic level of professionalism and decorum attached to that change. 

Hypothetical: Let's say that a top 5 program goes out and makes a post saying come march here we will give you reduced fees and oh by the way we won't abuse you like some other corps may and have in the past. Would that be acceptable? No way.

53 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Yep, they are going to appreciate bad news about Drum Corps in the morning paper. Then the upcoming GH perp walks on TV morning in night who needs social media dci found a way around all that. They are now in the newsprint and on TV. When was the last time they polished their image in the Press, on TV? Was the housing issue even addressed at the meeting? dci is shooting themselves in the foot more often than not. Why don't I see the bright side what exactly are the school administrators so excited about?

Today’s story is about a groups application being put on hold for inappropriate social media postings that are not in compliance with their rules. You’re lumping multiple things into one basket and going way off topic and context 

Edited by Jeff Ream

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Ok I am severely confused so before another thread gets derailed: you donor don’t care if people like you?

its an online forum. Not everyone will get along and everyone gets called out for stuff they post. So if you want to post here realize you may get your words thrown back at you and your ego may get bruised. I can point you to other places that would make you cry

And honestly, who cares?  I don’t know what score I have.  Most people on here are anonymous and they would probably hesitate to be as rude face-to-face as they are here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

And honestly, who cares?  I don’t know what score I have.  Most people on here are anonymous and they would probably hesitate to be as rude face-to-face as they are here.  

At least I’m consistent lol

I think the problem with this thread is people's inability (and rightfully so) to separate the Arsenal issue from the rest of the issues facing DCI. I just tend to look at things through the lens of how it would be handled in a professional business organization and most people here are reacting first and foremost from an emotional stand-point.

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

MSN website used to have comments section after all of their story threads. Got so nasty they disabled comments while they reviewed their options. End result they removed comment option all together. Personally feel there were legal issues due to veiled (and not so veiled) threats