Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

11 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I didn't know you were the Director of XYZ Corporation.  

Kudos on your new cutting edge technology for warning people when their flies are open.

Thank you!!!! And wow it is a great gig!!!

Edited by Stu
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

What part of the statement brought him down or did just the idea itself bring him down? 

Its seems clear what " brought him down ". in DCI HQ's view, he openly spoke ill of another DCI membership Drum Corps in a public forum. Whether what he stated was accurate or not, was not an issue for DCI HQ.  For context, this violation is apparently far worse a violation in DCI HQ's view than a Corps Director's behavior of allegedly secretly paying a firm a sum of money to keep the past, established, sexual violations with minors away from future public knowledge and scrutiny.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its seems clear what " brought him down ". in DCI HQ's view, he spoke ill of another DCI membership Drum Corps in a public forum.

I've been wondering, and maybe...probably....I am all wet on this.

If Oregon is not fielding a corps, and Pioneer was kicked out, just what DCI corps the he disparage?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, MikeD said:

If Oregon is not fielding a corps, and Pioneer was kicked out, just what DCI corps the he disparage?

Oregon Crusaders, a DCI member corps (taking the 2019 season off with intent to return in 2020).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeD said:

That's the rub none of us caught it, we loved the idea. It went south at dci, they were triggered by something that this group didn't catch, question or take any offense too. This is how social justice works. Santa Clause needs to be non-gender, "baby it's cold outside" is banned and we have no Arsenal to enjoy, all for the greater good. 

8 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

That's the rub none of us caught it, we loved the idea. It went south at dci, they were triggered by something that this group didn't catch, question or take any offense too. This is how social justice works. Santa Clause needs to be non-gender, "baby it's cold outside" is banned and we have no Arsenal to enjoy, all for the greater good. 

To be accurate, Arsenal is still free to participate as they have up to now, as a Soundsport group if they so choose. They can be re-evaluated for Open class after the 2019 season. 

35 minutes ago, MikeD said:

You are asking the wrong person this MikeD as I did not find his honest and truthful comments all that " disparaging " of either Corps. Heck, DCI HQ previously released statements itself said as much when DCI came down on these 2 Corps. The young Corps Director, as an official representative of a DCI Corps, probably should not have said what he did in a public forum, and in hindsight, he recognizes this. But good grief, he didn't further hurt these Corps in any way, shape, or manner, imo with his comments, imo. Dan Acheson likely did more damage to Drum Corps and to DCI with the overzealous, overreaction response and punitive, punishing, action he and his DCI BOD 's took with this. Just read the major city newspaper's headline that the public at large is getting as coverage from this. No amount of spin can construe that this was handled well by DCI HQ, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

You are asking the wrong person this MikeD as I did not find his honest and truthful comments all that " disparaging " of either Corps. Heck, DCI HQ previously released statements itself said as much when DCI came down on them. The young Corps Director probably should not have said what he did, and in hindsight, he recognizes this. But good grief, he didn't hurt these Corps in any way, shape, or manner, imo with his comments. Dan Acheson likely did more damage to Drum Corps and to DCI with the overzealous, overreaction response and action he and his DCI BOD 's took with this. Just read the major city newspaper's headline that the public at large is getting as coverage from this. No amount of spin can construe that this was handled well by DCI HQ, imo.

This. 1000 times this.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, MikeD said:

To be accurate, Arsenal is still free to participate as they have up to now, as a Soundsport group if they so choose. They can be re-evaluated for Open class after the 2019 season.

Correct. The time it takes to transfer director ties takes them past the 2019 season. I did see some talk on Reddit that they will not be in SA 2019 but may head west.

No directors went nearly as far as RB not by a long shot. But it still takes time for the transfer to occur We usually find out in the spring that a director is moving on, so the corps probably knew in September. So doing in on the fly is painful even in Sound Sport

1 hour ago, Stu said:

If I post something as Stu the individual, personal opinion applies. However, if I post the same thing as Stu the Director of XYZ Corporation, then my possible demotion and/or firing from XYZ is in order. And rightly so in both situations!

Maybe he posted as both persons.....at the same time!!!!!!!

What happens then?

Look, you can parse this as much as you like. It doesn’t change my view that Arsenal director didn’t do anything inappropriate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1