Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

If the Arsenal Director was made aware of the DCI media posting policy by DCI prior to his posting then I am on the side of DCI. However, if during the OC application process DCI failed to inform him of the policy then imo DCI overreacted and it should have been more of a slap on the wrist.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The director resigned.  Why deny the entire corps?  There’s is something fishy in Denmark. 

My hunch is once they see the new director all proceeds.

now: I’m not defending dci. They’re action/lack of action is confounding. But I think I understand thewhys even If poorly communicated as usual 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

There’s ways to say things, and there’s one part of the statement I get why they dropped the hammer. They knew the rules when they applied. We live in a world where if people thought before they typed, we’d be in a much better place. 

I don’t disagree with what he said. But there’s a time and place and he chose to not follow that rule. 

Now is not the time and this is not the place for DCI to become a stickler about social media rules.

This action is unbelievably tone deaf on their part.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Now is not the time and this is not the place for DCI to become a stickler about social media rules.

This action is unbelievably tone deaf on their part.

Provided the Arsenal Director was made aware of the media rule prior to this situation, now is the perfect time for DCI to uphold the integrity of honoring their own set of rules. It is called credibility; and integrity along with credibility is exactly what DCI needs at this juncture.

• Like 1

Since DCI is not responding what is best guess as what was in social media? Thou shalt not talk bad of other directors? “We welcome other members of certain corps because wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more”.

yeah morning Monty Python reference

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

Provided the Arsenal Director was made aware of the media rule prior to this situation, now is the perfect time for DCI to uphold the integrity of honoring their own set of rules. It is called credibility; and integrity along with credibility is exactly what DCI needs at this juncture.

No.

This is not the time to take a hardline stance against a young corps that was trying to do right by displaced members, after months of being wish-washy and ignoring actual problems that should have elicited an immediate response.

Edited by jeffmolnar
  • Like 3

I’ve been vocal in a lot of social media places since all this stuff came out last night.

I am in the opinion that this is a really harash reaction and decision for something that was pretty minor. 

Should have said what what he said? Probably not. Compared to all the issues DCI is currently facing, I think is really suspending the evaluation of a corps for a first time offense, and one that isn’t even that derogatory or inappropriate, is a very strong reaction.

Honestly this is a “don’t do it again, and don’t post on reddit for the rest of the season” type of punishment and then you move on. 

It isnt like he made a comment towards a corps that is currently fielding. 

Edited by ohwiseone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

The director resigned.  Why deny the entire corps?  There’s is something fishy in Denmark. 

If the finances were being bankrolled by the director (which I think I read on Reddit that he was), then the money leaves with the director. That’s part of the inherent problem with the start of some the newer corps...they are started by an individual who puts their finances on the line to create these corps. My limited understanding of the history of many of the older corps is that they were started by a civic club with shared financial responsibilities. 

We know that students tuitions only cover part of the budget. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

My hunch is once they see the new director all proceeds.

Good morning checked dci & dci twitter didn't see anything on Arsenal or how dci plans on holding the Arsenal folks would lost money or address the effects to the kids who they just silently crushed. Talk about a class action suit how about Arsenal parents v, dci they better watch out. Dci's silence on the mater has created mental scarring on the MMs who were dragged into dci's ayatollah act. What about them?

I have been told on many occasions that the collective conscience on DCP does not like my posts, I get it, I am not a shill for dci. So there is a secret society within DCP that meets and punishes posters who stray outside of the cabal. Like a DCP/dci orientated social media rating no better than the Chinese social rating coming in 2020, DCP/dci is leading the way on punishing thought or so they think. If I worked for DCI I would quit over this, that's how shaken I am. If anyone thinks that I am the problem in any of this they need mental help themselves. If you can't bare your sole on DCP with other like-minded individuals what is this site the DCI Protection Planet?

Edited by Bluzes
typo