I hereby refuse to support DCI in 2019... who's in?

I haven’t since 2009 and don’t see it changing till we get a real drum and bugle circuit 

I actually really like the creative direction the shows are moving in, and had planned on seeing more shows this year than in the past. Part of me had even considered contacting some friends to get back in and tech for a week or so.

Instead, I'll be doing the opposite. And because the directors of some of my favorite groups are on the BoD, I will not be supporting those individual corps either. If anything, they are more responsible for DCI's actions than Dan Acheson. They have the power and ability to change the direction of DCI (it's their job), and they refuse to do so.

The list of corps whose directors/board members are on the DCI board, for anyone interested:

SCV, Bluecoats, Crossmen, Madison Scouts, Blue Stars, Mandarins.

• Like 1

I think the Crossmen director stepped from the DCI Board down a few months ago.

I've made 4 figure donations to my corps and regularly make 3 figure donations... this year I will not be making any.

This year I will go to Allentown and then evaluate how I'm feeling again after the season.

The big boys aren't going to say anything because they are getting rich off their involvement in the activity.  This is where the $4k+ high school music books and $5k+ drill writing (er, "visual design") money comes from. The staff and leadership at the top corps will not bite the hand that feeds them.  The big names make a lot of money from their associations with competitive success.

10 hours ago, TwoValves said:

You know the old saying, right?  There are THREE sides to every store.  Person A's side, Person B's side, and the truth.  

A store typically has four sides... unless it is in a strip mall, in which case it usually has two sides.  Only the end stores have three sides.

(Please excuse the auto-correct humor.  I know you meant story.)

• Haha 1

2 World class corps out and one less OC corps that may have been in. How many corps (so far) does that leave? Also take out SCVC and BDB because they won't be on the national circuit.

Are tickets more this year? Is it worth the price plus add travel expenses to go to Championships?

Fans fed up with the mess that has been created.

Possibly less participation by young people.

Maybe the old way of a weekend drum corps with a 5-10 day mini tour at the end isn't so bad. Maybe the local drum corps thing can work someday.

To paraphrase PR 2008, and a few movies....................................................

I AM ARSENAL!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

This thread appears to be comprised mostly of folks who “haven’t supported dci in years” stating they will “not support dci this year”

shocking! 

That aside, I’d suggest the folks who are upset about current events send a letter to the DCI BOD voting members

I like the letter writing idea George.  Maybe extend the letter writing to e-mailing each member and cc ALL members so no one can say they never were sent a letter or e-mail.  They can claim they never received it but e-mail offers notification when an e-mail was opened.  Maybe all who are voicing their displeasure at any number of things on this thread:  Acheson's attitude and behavior, show content, DCI BOD lack of action and so on be the writers and senders of letters and e-mail.  And possibly an e-mail directly to each World Class Corps.

If money is what rules the roost then modifying how money is being donated and to whom is what might get some traction on changes in DCI org and member corps policy changes.

Can we get a list here with Acheson's contact info, DCI main office and general mailbox e-mail address and all member BOD personal/direct e-mail addresses?  Where can this information be found?

29 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Can we get a list here with Acheson's contact info, DCI main office and general mailbox e-mail address and all member BOD personal/direct e-mail addresses?  Where can this information be found?

A simple starting point.

https://www.dci.org/contact-us