I hereby refuse to support DCI in 2019... who's in?

Gave up last year. Only support I give is my annual donation to the Scouts. 

Welp, I've been around this thing for a long time.  I was at Spirit when Magic of Orlando couldn't feed it's kids. The joke then was Lose Weight Like Magic.

I remember corps in the 90's having to ditch coaches for school buses.

I was on the bus when I heard our food truck driver (at Spirit) couldn't get into Canada for .... various reasons.... we later heard he had an outstanding warrant don't know if that was ever true or not.

I was with another corp in the early 2000's where one of instructors had to leave mid tour, turned out mom of one his kids back at his high school found out they were a thing. doh....

I'm not defending any of this stuff, I'm just saying it's been a round a long time and I'm happy to see that they are finally doing something about it. Now isn't the time to boycott now is the time to show support for an activity that's trying to do the right thing.

I aged out a long time ago, and just 2 weeks ago I took my son to his first call-back camp so he could march a drum corp like I did and I'm proud of it.

I don't post often, but I've been a register member of this board since 2003 reading all the comments every year.

Edited by Drumcorpguy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I bailed years ago and will not attend any shows again this year. Most of my former marching mates have done the same.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

I bailed years ago and will not attend any shows again this year. Most of my former marching mates have done the same.

You won't miss much; now that the perc tech judge is not allowed to go see the battery, there will likely be no more flams...man.

• Haha 6

14 hours ago, FlamMan said:

but you'll still come here and blast it right?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nautic 21 said:

I will watch EVERY show I can, in person or on FLO.

I will leave it at that.

I have FLO because sign up per year but usually don’t catch a lot of  DCI shows. Used to give to help members dues but had some bad experiences (cough SOPY cough) now give to defray meal costs for an all age corps.

Lol so where does that leave me...

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I have FLO because sign up per year but usually don’t catch a lot of  DCI shows. Used to give to help members dues but had some bad experiences (cough SOPY cough) now give to defray meal costs for an all age corps.

Lol so where does that leave me...

On the fence eating popcorn with me. :innocent:

• Haha 1