I hereby refuse to support DCI in 2019... who's in?

On 1/16/2019 at 3:02 PM, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Not that I was planning to do anything other than follow SOA's attempt to rejoin the top 12, but given the current lack of any common sense being displayed by DCI, I am walking away after 38 years.  If you plan to do likewise, and want your voice heard, start by adding your name here.

Nope. That's not what the activity needs.

And "add your name here" is a pretty stupid forum thread, tbh.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2019 at 12:02 PM, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Not that I was planning to do anything other than follow SOA's attempt to rejoin the top 12, but given the current lack of any common sense being displayed by DCI, I am walking away after 38 years.  If you plan to do likewise, and want your voice heard, start by adding your name here.

That's your decision. I don't agree as I will as always  support DCI and the corps I support. I respect your decision not to and you will hopefully respect mine.

Doug

Edited by DFA1970

19 hours ago, BigW said:

Salient points. :thumbup: And given the crazed reaction to G7... which was deserved after seeing the Power Point and the intent that lie under it... it would be a real undertaking to do so. I think there is an opportunity for positive change, and yes, the chance needs to be given them. The problem will be if that ends up a mess...

Exactly, positive change is what we can hope for. I know the petition to remove Acheson received over a thousand signatures from current and former members so I can positively say that alumni and current members, myself included, will be the force for positive change so that we can shed the negative impact of Hopkins, Roman, Stevens, and countless others

8 hours ago, Cascadia said:

Exactly, positive change is what we can hope for. I know the petition to remove Acheson received over a thousand signatures from current and former members so I can positively say that alumni and current members, myself included, will be the force for positive change so that we can shed the negative impact of Hopkins, Roman, Stevens, and countless others

To me,"positive change"  in Drum Corps has to start at the top,with DCI and the individual corps that make up

the organization.

As far as I know,corps aren't having anything other then normal  issues filling slots.

DCI doesn't seem to be having any problems selling tickets to shows.

From what's been posted by DCI,despite the "Failure To Protect" article,and numerous posts

on DCP and Reddit,  nothing of substance, on matters like Acheson,were addressed during DCI's Winter meeting.

This just emphasizes what I've said it before.Until it hits their bottom line DCI will just try to weather the storm.

Unfortunately, I don't think that 1000 or so signatures on a petition,that has no "standing" ,will  phase them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

To me,"positive change"  in Drum Corps has to start at the top,with DCI and the individual corps that make up

the organization.

As far as I know,corps aren't having anything other then normal  issues filling slots.

DCI doesn't seem to be having any problems selling tickets to shows.

From what's been posted by DCI,despite the "Failure To Protect" article,and numerous posts

on DCP and Reddit,  nothing of substance, on matters like Acheson,were addressed during DCI's Winter meeting.

This just emphasizes what I've said it before.Until it hits their bottom line DCI will just try to weather the storm.

Unfortunately, I don't think that 1000 or so signatures on a petition,that has no "standing" ,will  phase them.

Nor will a handfull of people saying they’ll support it per usual. Which makes this whole thread rather silly. The proof will be in the pudding. And we won’t know until well into the season whether attendance and spending is down or not. 

44 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Nor will a handfull of people saying they’ll support it per usual. Which makes this whole thread rather silly. The proof will be in the pudding. And we won’t know until well into the season whether attendance and spending is down or not. 

To me,one of the most telling signs that fan outrage isn't resonating with MM or their families is that,despite everything that has come out,  corps membership doesn't seem to have taken a hit.

Also helps,that tickets for a lot of DCi events were sold before the ______ hit the fan,and are non-refundable.

So if you're like me,and already purchased your tickets,you're stuck.

22 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

To me,one of the most telling signs that fan outrage isn't resonating with MM or their families is that,despite everything that has come out,  corps membership doesn't seem to have taken a hit.

Also helps,that tickets for a lot of DCi events were sold before the ______ hit the fan,and are non-refundable.

So if you're like me,and already purchased your tickets,you're stuck.

Any idea what potential members and their families are told about the mess from last year? Guessing corps mailings on improved reporting and safety but any info on why this is being done.

Let’s face it, unless you are on DCP  or Reddit or get DCW the only info you get would be from a corps. So how many people know of this mess?