I hereby refuse to support DCI in 2019... who's in?

40 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any idea what potential members and their families are told about the mess from last year? Guessing corps mailings on improved reporting and safety but any info on why this is being done.

Let’s face it, unless you are on DCP  or Reddit or get DCW the only info you get would be from a corps. So how many people know of this mess?

I would think the majority of MM and their families don't have any idea of the DCI "mess".

I have several friends who work with corps.

None of them follow drum corps on line.

They didn't hear anything about DCI's issues until I emailed them the "Failure to Protect" article.

Again,being a cynic,I think that,by now,if the issues with DCI are raised by MM or their families,the corps have developed a uniform response to  deflect the severity of the problems.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

To me,one of the most telling signs that fan outrage isn't resonating with MM or their families is that,despite everything that has come out,  corps membership doesn't seem to have taken a hit.

That would be hard to judge prior to the season.

(with one exception - Oregon Crusaders membership took enough of a hit to cause them to sit out the 2019 season)

37 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

(with one exception - Oregon Crusaders membership took enough of a hit to cause them to sit out the 2019 season)

I'm basing it on fact that,in the past,when corps have issues filling spots,they usually put out something on line,soliciting members.

Haven't sen anything yet.

Edited by rpbobcat

35 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

And their membership took a hit because previous members refused to return. IOW internal issues and not something widely publicized 

48 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I'm basing it on fact that,in the past,when corps have issues filling spots,they usually put out something on line,soliciting members.

Haven't sen anything yet.

There are numerous corps advertising open spots/sections.  Hard to miss, unless you only look on DCP.

39 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

There are numerous corps advertising open spots/sections.  Hard to miss, unless you only look on DCP.

I haven't seen much,except corps like the Cadets saying they are still looking for quality musicians.

Are you saying corps are if fact  having more problems filling slots,then in past seasons ?

5 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

To me,"positive change"  in Drum Corps has to start at the top,with DCI and the individual corps that make up

the organization.

As far as I know,corps aren't having anything other then normal  issues filling slots.

DCI doesn't seem to be having any problems selling tickets to shows.

From what's been posted by DCI,despite the "Failure To Protect" article,and numerous posts

on DCP and Reddit,  nothing of substance, on matters like Acheson,were addressed during DCI's Winter meeting.

This just emphasizes what I've said it before.Until it hits their bottom line DCI will just try to weather the storm.

Unfortunately, I don't think that 1000 or so signatures on a petition,that has no "standing" ,will  phase them.

how many people walked after Bb or the first amps rules changes...during times when DCI was having some of it's lowest attendance figures? or the first few years in Indy?

I do believe many on here or other social media sites forget there is a far broader audience base than our little niche for super diehards. The only kids I know of not marching anywhere already planned not to for a variety of reasons or the their corps folded since Thanksgiving and have not found a new home or don't want a new home. 

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Any idea what potential members and their families are told about the mess from last year? Guessing corps mailings on improved reporting and safety but any info on why this is being done.

Let’s face it, unless you are on DCP  or Reddit or get DCW the only info you get would be from a corps. So how many people know of this mess?

I know one corps was very upfront with members and parents about everything since April, and have communicated the rules and procedures to follow very clearly in multiple ways for all to access.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Within the past hour, Arsenal BoD has notified its 2019 members that DCI has reversed its position and has accepted Arsenal for participation in the San Antonio Regional. The communication from Arsenal speaks of them as a drum and bugle corps but does not specify whether they will appear as a competitor or exhibitor, whether they will be included in the Open Class or in SoundSport aspects of the Alamodome show.  There is not a specific mention of the disruption of the "assessment" review by DCI to welcome the corps to touring although the Arsenal administration admits that changes have been made to the corps' structure while maintaining the aims of their original founder who resigned in the communication uproar in their outreach to Oregon Crusaders mms. The actual notice to Arsenal mms can be found on Arsenal's fb page.

As of this hour and posting, DCI website's show information has yet to mention Arsenal as now appearing at San Antonio but that section of the DCI website has been consistently erratic and quite slow in making adjustments for many shows and corps. Corps news and announcements have ceased to be a usual Friday morning 11 am Eastern time regular on the DCI site as well for this off-season.

Edited by xandandl

On 1/16/2019 at 3:02 PM, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Not that I was planning to do anything other than follow SOA's attempt to rejoin the top 12, but given the current lack of any common sense being displayed by DCI, I am walking away after 38 years.  If you plan to do likewise, and want your voice heard, start by adding your name here.

Then get off this site.  dont post , go away.  EASY.   We are all here for a reason. We like this .So instead of telling all who do not care that you are walking away just run and leave please. so tired of this moaning .   

• Thanks 1