I hereby refuse to support DCI in 2019... who's in?

4 minutes ago, 777hornman said:

Then get off this site.  dont post , go away.  EASY.   We are all here for a reason. We like this .So instead of telling all who do not care that you are walking away just run and leave please. so tired of this moaning .   

Funny .... the title of the thread says it all. So if you don’t want to see the complaints and don’t care then why did you click the thread?

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 1:14 PM, Jeff Ream said:

I know one corps was very upfront with members and parents about everything since April, and have communicated the rules and procedures to follow very clearly in multiple ways for all to access.

I know a corps who also is very clear about their rules and expectations of behavior of MM's and ALL staff.  There is a sit down with top management in their first camp in January each year where everything is explained in detail.  If anyone volunteers and what you wish to help out with, requires and amount of time associating or working with any MM's you must fill out docs that allow for you to be vetted.  Even is you go to a weekend camp and help feed the kids.  If you stay even one night at the corps overnight site, you must agree to submit to be vetted.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I know a corps who also is very clear about their rules and expectations of behavior of MM's and ALL staff.  There is a sit down with top management in their first camp in January each year where everything is explained in detail.  If anyone volunteers and what you wish to help out with, requires and amount of time associating or working with any MM's you must fill out docs that allow for you to be vetted.  Even is you go to a weekend camp and help feed the kids.  If you stay even one night at the corps overnight site, you must agree to submit to be vetted.

Years back had an anti abuse info session at my old church. What stuck in my head was abusers will look for and target places not running background checks. Pretty dumb not to run checks even for one day volunteer sessions 

1 hour ago, 777hornman said:

Then get off this site.  dont post , go away.  EASY.   We are all here for a reason. We like this .So instead of telling all who do not care that you are walking away just run and leave please. so tired of this moaning .   

Stop moaning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Stop moaning. 

Stop moaning about the moaning? 🙄😉

On 2/12/2019 at 1:45 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Stop moaning about the moaning? 🙄😉

it's the offseason, they need something to do

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, HockeyDad said:

Stop moaning. 

The OP should start a FB group lamenting DCI and how this is the final straw that will grow into several hundred members that post daily about how much they hate it.  Couldn't you imagine such a thing....wait NVM