I hereby refuse to support DCI in 2019... who's in?

26 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I can’t even sell the two 3-day tickets for Indy that I’m trying to sell for a friend. 

It's early.  Hopefully later on in the year will be easier to sell them.

• Like 1

I hear "you're hurting the young people!" Well, how many marching members make a salary for what they do? None of them! Who is getting paid? DCI, Corps directors and staff. The kids get absolutely nothing for the crap that a lot of them put up with. Those kids in Pioneer went through a lot of garbage and who reall gets hurt by the ban? The kids. The staff members will go to other corps and RB has made his money and he can sell off the equipment.

I will also say this......a corps director speaks the TRUTH and his corps is not allowed status in DCI BUT a corps director commits sex offenses and it's ok the corps can exist and still compete. Did I miss something?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, SNModdison said:

So, showing up at any shows (including Indianapolis) and supporting the thousands of marching members who work their butts off is to be looked down upon? What would y'all suggest we tell all of these members who show up to empty stadiums, or shows are cancelled because WE, the supporters of this activity stayed home? I'm all for pointing out what DCI has done wrong in all of these situations, but what about the members? Isn't that what it's all about? 

Not my obligation to support them if that's what you're implying.

• Sad 1

Have not attended a DCI show since 2011 and very little time to attend any shows. DCI is not doing themselves any favors.

Edited by Tim78

The problem: how to make DCI feel effects of the problem while still keeping DCI alive.

Protesting DCI-sanctioned events doesn't seem like the best opportunity for this. I'd rather see more of a protest-at-shows style thing, where we all show up wearing "This drum corps fan supports Arsenal over DCI" shirts. We could even send the money back to Arsenal to help them get ready for 2020.

I hesitate to jump on a Protest Dan Acheson bandwagon just yet, the same shaming technique can easily be implemented if we ever want to instigate change at the executive level.

There's no way to get past the ticket price, but there's plenty of ways to support the corps that day without DCI and/or to cause a ruckus of discussion without violating any stadium rules that will get you kicked out. And if you do get kicked out, be sure to film it and post it on Reddit! I don't think DCP members have to sign any media policies, right?

• Like 2