I hereby refuse to support DCI in 2019... who's in?

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

I must admit I have been wondering for pages and pages now what you think the standard should be.  Without knowing that, there is no there there.

Sorry but standard for what? I started by saying head of an agency should not be the one to decide when to call law enforcement on a possible criminal matter within that agency. An outside agency should be making that decision, which I since find out DCI has resolved that issue. Then things went down the rabbit hole and I got lost what people think I said....

If you mean standard for when law enforcement should be called that whole side came frim only Stu. I did not address that. 

But I will respond by saying if one gets an allegation of wrong doing how does one know if it is true or false accusation? I have no idea as not an expert in that field. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

37 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I must admit I have been wondering for pages and pages now what you think the standard should be.  Without knowing that, there is no there there.

See if this helps clear things up. In a nutshell it appears that according to one poster a CEO should not investigate provided information, should not decide if authorities should get involved, and should not decide on much of anything at all including following set protocol. On the otherhand, it appears another poster thinks the opposite where a CEO must at all cost involve the police even when a third party Chicken Little merely reports a rumor that the sky is falling. I think that covers it.

7 hours ago, DCVNVET said:

Who's In?  Back to the Topic!  Fuel for the fire!  Looks like Vic Firth and Zilidian are out see Tricia's revelation on Reddit! 

and they left BOA too. move along

3 hours ago, Stu said:

See if this helps clear things up. In a nutshell it appears that according to one poster a CEO should not investigate provided information, should not decide if authorities should get involved, and should not decide on much of anything at all including following set protocol. On the otherhand, it appears another poster thinks the opposite where a CEO must at all cost involve the police even when a third party Chicken Little merely reports a rumor that the sky is falling. I think that covers it.

the last few pages are classic Stu. at some point, some day, he'll be arguing with himself on here

26 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the last few pages are classic Stu. at some point, some day, he'll be arguing with himself on here

While you and I still bump heads I've noticed that after I took a year off, then started up again, we have on a few ocassions been more in agreement than not. And that is sort of frightening! I think someone likely poisened my Bourbon during my sabbatical!

I guess I'll be "boycotting" since they ripped away the one show I'm able to attend...not sure why since it always all but sold out, and since it seems DCI is money hungry these days...

RIP NKY

Edited by Incognito365

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Ok looked at the link it’s better than before. No it doesn’t go to DA but still handled by DCI with no indication of outside group. Big step forward that there finally is a way to report issues and you don’t trust going to the corps. Next concern would be if a person doesn’t trust DCI but if things are that bad a lawyer might be next. 

Again thinking worse case criminal actions being reported. 

And still have no idea how someone can look at an allegation and know if it is truthful. Yes “I heard someone tell me that someone thinks they heard” is one thing. But reading posts that makes me wonder that some think unless the victim reports directly it should be ignored. My training has a long list why victims don’t come forward as per discussed in some gh threads. 

Edit: before anyone thinks I am picking on DCI  I work for DoD and have had 30 or so years of annual sexual harassment and 10-15 years of annual sexual assault training. So interested in how DCI is starting to work with this issue and just giving my impressions.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

12 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

If you mean standard for when law enforcement should be called that whole side came frim only Stu. I did not address that. 

But I will respond by saying if one gets an allegation of wrong doing how does one know if it is true or false accusation? I have no idea as not an expert in that field. 

Since it isn't technically a business, in the sense we are all used to working for, that's a hard thing to really build a standard for. I agree here with how do you know. In business, it gets reported to HR and they're responsible for investigating. Here, I agree with a 3rd party. 

In the meantime (let's say a 3rd party is going to be put in place for arguments sake,) if a complaint comes to DCI, at the very least, they should bring the complaint to the member corps who would have to follow a specific line of investigation and involve authorities if they find the complaint credible. That corps then has to report to DCI who would follow up and contact authorities if they feel that due diligence wasn't done. 

Even with that, a 3rd party is really the only way any of this works at its best potential. Somewhere, there has to exist a model that works. Drum Corps is unique....but it can't be THAT unique in its structure.

3 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Since it isn't technically a business, in the sense we are all used to working for, that's a hard thing to really build a standard for. I agree here with how do you know. In business, it gets reported to HR and they're responsible for investigating. Here, I agree with a 3rd party. 

Understood and my work situation is also different as work on a military base. Any reported harassment (sexual or otherwise) goes to our version of HR. But any reported assault goes straight to law enforcement (aka base security). Does not go to local law as legally on federal property so federal jurisdiction.