I hereby refuse to support DCI in 2019... who's in?

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

and they left BOA too. move along

My pleasure Junior!  Your my hero what a guy!   

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok looked at the link it’s better than before. No it doesn’t go to DA but still handled by DCI with no indication of outside group.

Just last year, a corps BOD walked the plank because they were unwilling to let a third party, free from conflicts of interest, conduct an investigation.  I hope DCI has learned from this, actually has/uses such a resource, and just forgot to mention it in their website documents.

7 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Just last year, a corps BOD walked the plank because they were unwilling to let a third party, free from conflicts of interest, conduct an investigation.  I hope DCI has learned from this, actually has/uses such a resource, and just forgot to mention it in their website documents.

The link I went to was a quick blurb imo. Hopefully someone in the know can provide something better.

13 hours ago, Stu said:

While you and I still bump heads I've noticed that after I took a year off, then started up again, we have on a few ocassions been more in agreement than not. And that is sort of frightening! I think someone likely poisened my Bourbon during my sabbatical!

well, to be honest, more often than not, when you go into "Stu mode" I sit back and watch you hang yourself 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok looked at the link it’s better than before. No it doesn’t go to DA but still handled by DCI with no indication of outside group. Big step forward that there finally is a way to report issues and you don’t trust going to the corps. Next concern would be if a person doesn’t trust DCI but if things are that bad a lawyer might be next. 

Again thinking worse case criminal actions being reported. 

And still have no idea how someone can look at an allegation and know if it is truthful. Yes “I heard someone tell me that someone thinks they heard” is one thing. But reading posts that makes me wonder that some think unless the victim reports directly it should be ignored. My training has a long list why victims don’t come forward as per discussed in some gh threads. 

Edit: before anyone thinks I am picking on DCI  I work for DoD and have had 30 or so years of annual sexual harassment and 10-15 years of annual sexual assault training. So interested in how DCI is starting to work with this issue and just giving my impressions.

DCi has people involved now with backgrounds in this stuff. It's not like the board of directors or an intern is handling this

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DCVNVET said:

My pleasure Junior!  Your my hero what a guy!   

no need for hero worship. I put my pants on one leg at a time

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

DCi has people involved now with backgrounds in this stuff. It's not like the board of directors or an intern is handling this

Glad to hear it but they need to get the word out better. At least add a “for details click here” link in the webpage you linked to yesterday. Sure there are parents who would want to know more.

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Glad to hear it but they need to get the word out better. At least add a “for details click here” link in the webpage you linked to yesterday. Sure there are parents who would want to know more.

well saying DCI needs to do better with communication and transparency is like telling people it doesn't have to be carried to be played. Both will be ignored

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well saying DCI needs to do better with communication and transparency is like telling people it doesn't have to be carried to be played. Both will be ignored

Having web problems so can’t take another look at the link regarding DCIs protection policy. From what I remember the whole thing strikes me as “hey we’re DCI, we got this, trust us”. 

And right now I’m fighting an app that was written by someone else and turned over to us with basically “it works fine, trust us” so a bit biased. 😤

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

well, to be honest, more often than not, when you go into "Stu mode" I sit back and watch you hang yourself 

On occasion I do produce a Stu Session; that I admit. But to be as honest as you, it is not nearly as often as everyone on here getting Reamed.