I hereby refuse to support DCI in 2019... who's in?

I do wish corps that march and play get rewarded more.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Tim K said:

... For many who no longer attend shows or support the activity, they may not have walked away {edit insert ONLY} because they do not like what is happening on the field. In some areas there are fewer shows. In some cases it’s a matter of vacation time. For others it’s new interests. 

and the costs have gotten tremendously prohibitive................especially since there are fewer local shows or local shows with many or variant corps.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

still here. looks like if more people are leaving my seats will get better

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, xandandl said:

and the costs have gotten tremendously prohibitive................especially since there are fewer local shows or local shows with many or variant corps.

Unfortunately, the activity is catering to the more affluent crowd. Can’t imagine what current tour fees cost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Unfortunately, the activity is catering to the more affluent crowd. Can’t imagine what current tour fees cost.

yeah because fuel, food, insurance and housing have stayed static in price for the last 40 years. Oh they haven't? oh. well #### that myth killed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Yes, there is this. I first got interested in this activity when I was a kid in the early 80's and DCI came to my small hometown of Hanover, PA. I don't remember what it cost, but it must not have been much if I got tickets to it. 

This year there are no shows less than a 2 hour drive. Tickets to the Beanpot for good seats (not the best) were $105 with me and two kids.

19 minutes ago, garfield said:

Still very cheap at around $4,000 per season

:laugh:

I can imagine the reaction if I had said to my laid off steelworker dad back way back in the late 70s early 80s, "Hey Dad, lets drive two hours away this weekend and spend 100 plus (equivalent dollars) to see drum and bugle corps" or even worse "Hey dad can I borrow 4000 dollars to join a drum corps for a season?"

2 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

Yes, there is this. I first got interested in this activity when I was a kid in the early 80's and DCI came to my small hometown of Hanover, PA. I don't remember what it cost, but it must not have been much if I got tickets to it. 

This year there are no shows less than a 2 hour drive. Tickets to the Beanpot for good seats (not the best) were $105 with me and two kids.

:laugh:

I can imagine the reaction if I had said to my laid off steelworker dad back way back in the late 70s early 80s, "Hey Dad, lets drive two hours away this weekend and spend 100 plus (equivalent dollars) to see drum and bugle corps" or even worse "Hey dad can I borrow 4000 dollars to join a drum corps for a season?"

You wouldn't have had to say it back in the 70s...gas was also cheaper and a loaf of bread as well

• Like 1