In The News – Allentown Cadets’ Former Leader Calls Sex Assault Accusations ‘Orchestrated Smear’

17 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

As I was watching the Saints / Rams game yesterday and the crowd noise was deafening... How can the Rams possibly hear any call? Imagine having that kind of intrusion and distraction in your life for 10+ years? People hacking into your Facebook and following your every step and word, with verbal and written threats... constantly telling and spreading mis-truths about you and your works. Planting seeds of doubt... death threats for you AND those you associate with? Saying we won’t stop until YOU resign?  Hmmm... not sure that’s wet cardboard folks.  IMO he should have taken A different approach towards these people ... he just wanted to keep working for the good of YEA and the Cadets.  

How was his fb account hacked?

There are settings to allow only certain people to see what you post

28 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

As I was watching the Saints / Rams game yesterday and the crowd noise was deafening... How can the Rams possibly hear any call? Imagine having that kind of intrusion and distraction in your life for 10+ years? People hacking into your Facebook and following your every step and word, with verbal and written threats... constantly telling and spreading mis-truths about you and your works. Planting seeds of doubt... death threats for you AND those you associate with? Saying we won’t stop until YOU resign?  Hmmm... not sure that’s wet cardboard folks.  IMO he should have taken A different approach towards these people ... he just wanted to keep working for the good of YEA and the Cadets.  

So nine women got together and decided to spin lies about harassment and abuse?  And the DA is in on it?  And the Philadelphia Inquirer is in on it too?  Have you ever heard of Occam’s razor?  I think that applies here. So either all I stated above happened, or George Hopkins actually did assault and harass the accusers. Hint:  go for the simpler option as the one being true. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

So nine women got together and decided to spin lies about harassment and abuse?  And the DA is in on it?  And the Philadelphia Inquirer is in on it too?  Have you ever heard of Occam’s razor?  I think that applies here. So either all I stated above happened, or George Hopkins actually did assault and harass the accusers. Hint:  go for the simpler option as the one being true. 

In your opinion...

16 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

In your opinion...

So you won’t answer?  Do you think the nine accusers are engaged in a conspiracy to get Hopkins?  Are their accusations fabricated?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but in this case it is difficult to conceive of any reasonable scenario in which he could be innocent of all claims by all people.

Rich and famous people are falsely accused sometimes, as there are so many people who know them the odds are greater that someone will do so,  and there are financial incentives for accusing them, and their fame makes them vulnerable and eager to settle.  But GH isn't really rich and has no fame outside this very small community.  The number of accusers is huge considering the small number of people in the world who know who he is and consider him to be significant.

People are also falsely accused sometimes for political reasons, including not only powerful figures that people want to bring down but also ordinary people caught in the crossfire or people around whom a false narrative can be built to push an agenda or help a prosecutor build his reputation.  One could argue agendas are involved here, and they may have even played a role in bringing things to light, but that does not explain away the large number of accusers who have told credible stories.  

DA's are not always honest and neither is the media, but in this case there is not that much of an incentive for either to be dishonest.  And it is very difficult to believe that all of these women, some of whom have shared things very personal and painful and exposed their identities in ways that subject them to backlash, are somehow making all this up.  

Occam's razor is not on his side.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

I don’t think the DA is basing their case on FB posts or the angry rants from disgruntled alumni. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I don’t think the DA is basing their case on FB posts or the angry rants from disgruntled alumni. 

20 minutes ago, year1buick said:

You are CORRECT. There is plenty of evidence for this trial! 

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Rephrasing: What or WHO gave you the idea his fb was hacked?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

3 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

ok so based on this and other postings from you in many places, the argument breaks down as this:

it was all consensual

alumni hated him, looked for any reason possible to get rid of him, and AHA! #metoo

so the alumni hunted the women down, and pounded the pavement to find them

they got to the women, and got them to blackmail the old board or go to the paper

so the women willingly went public ( for most of them), and allowed their name and photos to be in the paper

so right there...before i go on....this smear...you're saying alumni coerced these women to knowingly falsely go to the press. Got it.

Now let's keep the train rolling. We'll leave all things DCI and YEA out, that is a different discussion.

Based on those women coming forward, the Lehigh County's DA office decided to investigate, and found these women...who you say were coerced to come forward by alumni...the DA found these women credible enough to start legal proceedings.

So in your words, these women were coerced to lie, and the Lehigh County's District Attorneys fell for it, and brought a case. Even though as you/he have claimed everything was consensual.

I just wanna be sure so when this pops up on Law and Order, I can follow along

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

and seeing as YEA wasn't doing as well as he wanted per his own posts, was he good for it?

• Like 1