In The News – Allentown Cadets’ Former Leader Calls Sex Assault Accusations ‘Orchestrated Smear’

5 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I gave that man NO consent and as far as a power play, he was/is quite rich and famous... I’m just a nerdy minion computer programmer. So there is that. 

You miss the meaning of power play in this case.... try replacing it with control 

• Like 1

The court is for evidence... not DCP. 

Edited by Lancer79

3 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

The court is for evidence... not DCP. 

Ok I’ll file that with your non answer regarding why you think ghs fb was hacked.

And ignoring that GH is accused of a lot worse than kissing without permission

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I gave that man NO consent and as far as a power play, he was/is quite rich and famous... I’m just a nerdy minion computer programmer. So there is that. 

No, according to your stories you didn't give EITHER man consent. That's where context comes into play. The fact that your gut told you one was wrong and you pushed him away means that was assault. The second one you were surprised, but liked it. Context. Something about the vibe of those two dates was different. How you reacted was different. One was assault and the other was a good date. People have agency over their own bodies and are able to decide where the line is drawn. Additionally, in either case you were an adult who consented to a date with another adult and made a conscious decision when enough was enough and what you were ok with. THAT is what you are missing and clearly taking away from the victims in this case. The sad reality is that every woman (and many men) over the age of 21 have *some* story of having been sexually harassed to some degree. I have spent 25 years playing a male-dominated sport. I have a list from comments, to unwelcome advances, to outright violation of physical boundaries and STILL I can tell the difference between a date as you described and abuse. 

8 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

You are so correct about evidence! 

But, whatever happens,  Georges life has been destroyed. So there is that. 

But, hey the Corps is fine and the N Jersey Alumni are just peachy. 

What the victims have all consistently described is a verbally abusive working environment and/or systematic programming and grooming for sexual abuse.  Ages ranging from teenagers to adult. Consistent and complete stories with noted physical evidence (texts/emails).  If anyone destroyed a life, he destroyed his own and took several women with him. Maybe we should have as much empathy for the victims as you apparently do for him. 

• Thanks 4

I honestly believe George when he says he did not rape anyone. I do. Sexual assault... that seems subjective. Sounds to me, if you go out to a bar and have drinks with a guy and he kisses the girl WITHOUT asking for permission to do so.. is that sexual assault?  We don’t have enough jails if that’s the case! And then there is the orchestration. Was everyone just hanging out at DCI East and start sharing stories and then say, hey let’s go to the press, or better yet, let’s give George an ultimatum to walk away from the corps or then we will go to the press. It’s just the evidence point a different direction. Who had the motive? Who has been a non stop flow of threats... 

7 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I honestly believe George when he says he did not rape anyone. I do. Sexual assault... that seems subjective. Sounds to me, if you go out to a bar and have drinks with a guy and he kisses the girl WITHOUT asking for permission to do so.. is that sexual assault?  We don’t have enough jails if that’s the case! And then there is the orchestration. Was everyone just hanging out at DCI East and start sharing stories and then say, hey let’s go to the press, or better yet, let’s give George an ultimatum to walk away from the corps or then we will go to the press. It’s just the evidence point a different direction. Who had the motive? Who has been a non stop flow of threats... 

Sexual assault seems objective???? Good lord lady go get some training so you know what you are talking about. Here is a small piece courtesy of Uncle Sam. If someone says or does something sexual you don’t like and you (or someone speaking for your behalf) says to stop it and that person does not stop it that is sexual harassment. It someone physically touches you in any way and does not stop when you tell them to then that is sexual assault. What the hades is “objective” about that?

If the person doing it does not think it is assault or harassment T.S.... the Person who is receiving makes the call. Bottom line if you don’t stop when told to stop.. guilty

And again you ignore he is accused of a lot worse than kissing...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I honestly believe George when he says he did not rape anyone.

And at this point any further discussion about it with you is fruitless. 

Sexual assault is what it is, even if the spectrum within that definition varies. You can throw out as many hypotheticals as you like (which, incidentally - Yes, an unwelcome kiss in a bar is assault, regardless of what or how many drinks you had, what you're wearing, how you danced, or how much you may have flirted in advance of said approach. Whether you decide to roll your eyes, call the bouncer or call the cops is up to you), but it's not gonna change the fact that a person owns their body and no one has the right to welcome themselves to it in any way shape or form without permission. Period. 

And GH, again, is 'accused' of having perpetrated far, far more than an unwelcome kiss. The fact that you are hung up so hard on defending this guy is baffling. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Translation: I believe everything GH says. Fine.... 

I’m sure all the details will come out in the trial. Including the allegations that involve a lot more than just a kiss....

The Mafia spins conspiracies less intricate

• Haha 2

Well, then first person experience, I had dinner with George, he put his hand on my leg, I grabbed it and pushed it away, I said no and guess what he did???? Your not going to believe it. He respected me and did not pursue that. That’s my experience. So there’s that. 

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

Let me give some context to #metoo as it recently applied to ME TOO, as well as possibly giving a context to the GH accusers. I’m single and have been online dating for years. I never drink alcohol and am careful about my cell phone/address/license plates etc... even doing a background check before COFFEE! I met a guy (Famous Public figure) in a Museum coffee shop. I’m VERY upfront, as most time I look the guy in the eye and say, don’t try to kiss me. As much as I may think I’m a teflon Philly girl... believe it or not guys will still try to sneak a kiss! This guy was intelligent and accomplished and easy to converse with. He asked if wanted to see the exhibit, I said sure. As the elevator emptied and we entered, my sixth sense said, on no. Never be alone with a man you don’t have complete trust in and sure enough he kissed me, quite forcefully or he may have thought... passionately. I pushed him back and I politely said, we have a misunderstanding. I ended the date and drove home. I was in shock and was affected for days. I unplugged from all media and felt such guilt for being so stupid to let that occur. When discussing with a girlfriend she said, That’s sexual assault. You could press changes against him. I’m like ... for... a kiss? She said YES. Then I thought, omg, his life would be turned upside down. Over, ... a kiss? I remembered when I was 27 on a blind date and walking along the Chicago river, Patrick pushed me up against the building and kissed me, much like this guy did. I was shocked and... I loved it. We went on and had a wonderful LT relationship. I realized ... maybe that’s what guys do to see if the girl likes them. Kiss the girl. You’ll find out quickly where you stand. I also don’t recall a guy ever saying to me, “May I kiss you?”. So, should I have pressed charges? Went to the press? Destroyed his career? I mean, I guess it was assault? Yes? No? Someone told me late in 2018 about one of George’s accusers was kissed by George and he didn’t ask permission AND OTHERS had seen him kiss a girl without first asking permission. I said, and you feel this is assault and he said ABSOLUTELY! Like loose you career and be publicly shamed and sent to jail? Over ... a kiss? Are you kidding me? Then, he said, well, the corps has moved on and is a much better place now... 

Yes... Mission Accomplished, N. Jersey Alumni. You found a way in this society we live in ...

to get rid of George. 

I never knew the Soprano family marched Garfield! I wonder if they know Tony and Paulie Walnuts?

• Haha 3