In The News – Allentown Cadets’ Former Leader Calls Sex Assault Accusations ‘Orchestrated Smear’

32 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Good lord, this is like watching CNN when Giuliani is on

For tonight only, who needs DCP or CNN,, when we have our own " As The World Turns" like show ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

People who are married should NOT be putting their  hand on any women’s leg except for their wives! Period. George was not married. Geez! 

Unmarried Real Men with Honor do NOT put their hands on a women's leg as a hint, wink wink, nudge nudge, PERIOD. Geez!!!

Edited by Stu
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh dear i mentioned i said hello to him at Sheetz. how gossipy. oh horrors. 

I mean I said Hi to Terri and Big W at DCA this past September. if I mention that here, am i gossipy too? wait...i went to pay my respects when Jim's wife passed away...even gave him a hug ( even if he came up to my armpits). Is that gossipy?

Personally the saddest thing in this whole sordid mess outside of whats happened to the 12 women is the damage done to people are close to people close to Hopkins. Talk about collateral damage...people I have known my whole life tainted by association, yet did not one ###### thing wrong.

or the kids in C2 now without a corps. or the kids that were in CWP or CWG.

You are taking things to the extreme and that was not my intention. We had this discussion on another page were I started that it was hearsay run amoke.  This could have all been handled differently. But in a lose-win scenario... someone had to be put down for not, as they say, not taking the draw.  It could have been handled different. It wasn’t.  I know there are no accidents but this is going to be a very long drawn out distracting, destructive and expensive situation.  I just wish and I still pray that there is still a way. But George’s life has been destroyed, so that’s already done. 

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Unmarried Real Men with Honor do NOT put their hands on a women's leg as a hint, wink wink, nudge nudge, PERIOD. Geez!!!

Besides,  I can speak for married men everywhere, that when we are out to dinner, its just as likely we are reaching to move the leg under the table, then for our wife's leg under the table. And if you're married long and well enough, it could just as likely be the grand son's high chair leg you are foolin' around with at the restaurant's table.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

You are taking things to the extreme and that was not my intention. We had this discussion on another page were I started that it was hearsay run amoke.  This could have all been handled differently. But in a lose-win scenario... someone had to be put down for not, as they say, not taking the draw.  It could have been handled different. It wasn’t.  I know there are no accidents but this is going to be a very long drawn out distracting, destructive and expensive situation.  I just wish and I still pray that there is still a way. But George’s life has been destroyed, so that’s already done. 

what you don't realize is the more you type the worse you make it. Stop while you're already behind

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

I’ve had guys grab my hand, put their hand on my leg, give me the kind of hug that I know what’s happening and yes, just lean in for the kiss. You maybe are not a single woman in her 50’s in the dating scene. Most men are divorced and had spent a good portion of their marriage in a ‘touch-free’ zone, so when they are free to roam the country they are real sure what they don’t want. So touching is real important to them and I counsel all my friends to be careful out there in the dating world! I wish it were not the case. Men that are the safest are usually the widowed men, they as a rule do not have, PTMD!

Edited by Lancer79

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

what you don't realize is the more you type the worse you make it. Stop while you're already behind

Well, there are things I’m saying that’s being taken out of context and your right, I don’t need to give more details to ‘clarify’ , this isn’t about me. I’m just trying to say the George you all seem to know and have convicted. Is not the George I know. 

3 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I’ve had guys grab my hand, put their hand on my leg, give me the kind of hug that I know what’s happening and yes, just lean in for the kiss. You maybe are not a single woman in her 50’s in the dating scene. Most men are divorced and had spent a good portion of their marriage in a ‘touch-free’ zone, so when they are free to roam the country they are real sure what they don’t want. So touching is real important to them and I counsel all my friends to be careful out there in the dating world! I wish it were not the case. 

You told him no, that was a great thing on your part, and I have no reason to doubt you. But again, a real man WITH HONOR will not touch your leg (in the manner and intent in which you described). And please pay close attention here: you are now seeming to defend and justify the behavior. So please, please, please be careful on how you proceed.

• Thanks 5

31 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I’ve had guys grab my hand, put their hand on my leg, give me the kind of hug that I know what’s happening and yes, just lean in for the kiss. You maybe are not a single woman in her 50’s in the dating scene. Most men are divorced and had spent a good portion of their marriage in a ‘touch-free’ zone, so when they are free to roam the country they are real sure what they don’t want. So touching is real important to them and I counsel all my friends to be careful out there in the dating world! I wish it were not the case. 

This is a wonderful  personal tale re. " the dating scene ".... " your personal assessment/ experience with both married,  divorced, unmarried men, and so forth. And it is to be respected.

But none of this has anything at all to do with why the Lehigh Pennsylvania Prosecutors office believes that they have sufficient information in their possession from their investigation of George Hopkins to proceed with his arrest and charge of multiple counts of sexual assault, including that of Rape, of 2 women victims in their County of Pennsylvania. You understand that the fact that he apparently " respected " you in your ever so brief talks, dinner with you, has no bearing at all on what his alleged crimes he might have committed with others. Correct ?

Some of the worst rapists, murderers on the face of the planet also had moments of kindness to others. For example,  most of the Mafia men would be out raping, torturing, murdering, carving up, men and women at 4pm in the afternoon, then by 6pm they were bringing home roses, candy for their Mother, their Wife and/ or Mistress that they treated  with " respect " 24-7.  You seem like an intelligent women. So you understand that your acknowleged ever so brief experience with GH is not why the Prosecutor is charging him with crimes committed on two women victims of the crimes of rape and sexual assault, correct ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Well, there are things I’m saying that’s being taken out of context and your right, I don’t need to give more details to ‘clarify’ , this isn’t about me. I’m just trying to say the George you all seem to know and have convicted. Is not the George I know. 

i actually have never said he is guilty. I have however laughed at your claim that the alumni you refer to put these women up to coming forward, putting their names out there, and getting a district attorneys office to bring charges just because they wanted him out and it's all really false and just a big misunderstanding.

thats what i am calling bull #### on

• Like 1