In The News – Allentown Cadets’ Former Leader Calls Sex Assault Accusations ‘Orchestrated Smear’

2 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

Wow, so much for acknowledging a persons growth and awareness. I bet you would have happily cast a whole bunch of stones, at the woman who was an adulterer!  You must be comfy in your glass house.

There are two kinds of people, those who sin and acknowledge it and those that sin and don’t acknowledge it.  The George I met acknowledged he was in error in many of his past dealings with his abruptness with others. He was looking for ways to ‘fix’ that. 

Im glad your not in charge of this world! YOU would burn everything and everyone down... no mercy given.  

So then you’re saying these alumni got 12 women to risk perjury just because they hate him

2 hours ago, Lance said:

Anybody who cares how Hopkins "feels" is not worth speaking to about anything of import. 

I only see Lancer's posts when other people quote her.  Please stop doing that, lol. 

No sorry. They need to be seen 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Oh I know but let me have fun here. I’ve pointed that several times 

When have I ever stopped you lol... figured it was time for a South Park reference.. (I’m calling shenanigans)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Every word you write may be true about George's behavior towards alumni, YEA employees and others in the normal course of their daily interactions. Maybe he now regrets his terrible behaviors towards so many people (not just alums). However, that has zero to do with his being a sexual predator against the women who have come forward, including two who were marching members at the time he preyed on them, and the two most recent victims the prosecutor was able to use to charge him in the legal case.

The idea that he would put his hand on your leg at dinner when you first met does not show a person who has had much of a change of heart on the predator side of things to me. That was just an exploratory move. His and Kristy's FB profiles both show they have been together since 2015, so he had no business going after you, again IMO. 

Oh ouch. He went further than I did. Whoda thunk that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I can’t nor will I disagree with you. As it has been noted, I don’t talk about the women and their claims. I only speak first person about what I know;  my experience, my research and what George said to me when I directly asked him. I won’t gossip. The courts will decide his fate per the evidence submitted. I don’t know where his heart is now but I do know the direction it was heading. So, yea, you can doubt all you want, but you need to ask yourself, have I truly honored the two things asked of me. I genuinely care about everyone involved in this case. 

By blindly only giving credence to one side of the story you sure don’t show that care you claim to have 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lance said:

Anybody who cares how Hopkins "feels" is not worth speaking to about anything of import. 

I only see Lancer's posts when other people quote her.  Please stop doing that, lol. 

Well, one thing for sure- how he "feels" will not matter when evidence is produced and the facts are presented, and any cross examinations are done. That won't matter in court. Just have to see how this will unfold in front of the jury ad judge.

I’m sensing a little cognitive dissonance within this thread. You can’t, logically, believe both GH and the women who are accusing him. Any attempt at such is self satisfying self delusion, IMO. (I sincerely don’t mean this as an attack or slam... I simply don’t know how else to put it.) This subject is too important to just tiptoe around.

Edited by year1buick
anal-retentive sentence correction
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I’m sensing a little cognitive dissonance within this thread. You can’t, logically, believe both GH and the women who are accusing him. Any attempt at such is self satisfying self delusion, IMO. (I sincerely don’t mean this as an attack or slam... I simply don’t know how else to put it.) This is subject too important to just tiptoe around.

The narrative is all over the highway.

7 hours ago, year1buick said:

I’m sensing a little cognitive dissonance within this thread. You can’t, logically, believe both GH and the women who are accusing him. Any attempt at such is self satisfying self delusion, IMO. (I sincerely don’t mean this as an attack or slam... I simply don’t know how else to put it.) This subject is too important to just tiptoe around.

It's possible GH believes he really didn't do anything wrong... he could be that messed up in the head. That's chilling to me to think it, but sometimes, perps really don't think they did something wrong.

14 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

This is very true. He admitted he was so focused on the constant pressure of raising funds to meet all of the expenses and keep YEA and the Cadets going. he didn’t see the value of the soft people skills when angry Alumni came at him.  He said, in hindsight this was a mistake on his part. He thought the firery emotions others had towards him would dissipate... just the opposite, in this rage filled society - The fire grew.  If only this was handled differently. He started the Alumni series. There were bigger ideas  and plans for inclusion.  Just ran out of runway... The angry Alumni blew up the runway in the most draconian way they could come up with.

It just didn’t have to happen this way. 

Apologies to Lance for even quoting, and apologies for failing to state this diplomatically...

Anger is one of the possible side effects of BEING RAPED.  So if a corps director truly wishes to avoid angry alumni, they should start by not raping alumni or current corps members.  

(After that prerequisite, maybe the "soft people skills" you refer to would also be helpful.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2