In The News – Allentown Cadets’ Former Leader Calls Sex Assault Accusations ‘Orchestrated Smear’

11 minutes ago, Stu said:

And there goes the credibility, bye bye!

That’s fine Stu, I know what is true and I’m ok with you dismissing me. 

Reading all of these posts, the thing that scares the crud out of me is that most have rushed to judgment without letting the process play out. I'm not saying that Hop isn't guilty, but to Lancer's point, the pressure put on society by the #metoo movement has changed the way we view personal relationships, and I would argue has done nothing but set us back. As a result of all that has happened, I do not have meetings in closed-door environments with female co-workers. I will not share an elevator with a female unless there are others on board. And I will not have any personal conversations with females in a work environment. our company has even advocated for training on these principals. What used to be a simple, harmless conversation is now absolutely forbidden in the workplace, and I think that doesn't bode well for building personal relationships. It used to be women who would need to be careful, but now men have a large target on their backs.

As for Hop, I don't know what happened. I wasn't there, and I won't pass judgment based on a news article. Do I feel for the victims, absolutely, but they too will have their day in court. But rather than rush to judgment in a public forum, I suggest we let the case play out in criminal court and work to find solace for the victims. I don't think that playing these kinds of cases out in the court of public opinion (much less a drum corps message board) does anyone of us any good. 

Edited by Newseditor44

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Reading all of these posts, the thing that scares the crud out of me is that most have rushed to judgment without letting the process play out. I'm not saying that Hop isn't guilty, but to Lancer's point, the pressure put on society by the #metoo movement has changed the way we view personal relationships, and I would argue has done nothing but set us back. As a result of all that has happened, I do not have meetings in closed-door environments with female co-workers. I will not share an elevator with a female unless there are others on board. And I will not have any personal conversations with females in a work environment. our company has even advocated for training on these principals. What used to be a simple, harmless conversation is not absolutely forbidden in the workplace, and I think that doesn't bode well for building personal relationships. It used to be women who would need to be careful, but now men have a large target on their backs.

As for Hop, I don't know what happened. I wasn't there, and I won't pass judgment based on a news article. Do I feel for the victims, absolutely, but they too will have their day in court. But rather than rush to judgment in a public forum, I would rather let the case play out in criminal court and work to find solace for the victims. I don't think that playing these kinds of cases out in the court of public opinion (much less a drum corps message board) does anyone of us any good. 

Thank you for this.  That’s most of what I’ve been saying... there ARE two sides and each will have their day in court.  The media has been full force fanning the flames of one side, one sensational side that gets clicks and sells papers. 

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

I miss the old days when movies had intermissions... so you could go out and get another box of candy or refill your popcorn.

Maybe someone can post a "music interlude" link here, to serve the same purpose. Kenton's "Intermission Riff" perhaps.  :laughing:

lol..so true...also interesting what some consider " entertaining" or comedic....just interesting....key up some sad music Fran...I thin k it would fit on either view or side

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

lol..so true...also interesting what some consider " entertaining" or comedic....just interesting....key up some sad music Fran...I thin k it would fit on either view or side

Oh I feel just terrible now.  Not really. 🙄

31 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Reading all of these posts, the thing that scares the crud out of me is that most have rushed to judgment without letting the process play out. I'm not saying that Hop isn't guilty, but to Lancer's point, the pressure put on society by the #metoo movement has changed the way we view personal relationships, and I would argue has done nothing but set us back. As a result of all that has happened, I do not have meetings in closed-door environments with female co-workers. I will not share an elevator with a female unless there are others on board. And I will not have any personal conversations with females in a work environment. our company has even advocated for training on these principals. What used to be a simple, harmless conversation is now absolutely forbidden in the workplace, and I think that doesn't bode well for building personal relationships. It used to be women who would need to be careful, but now men have a large target on their backs.

As for Hop, I don't know what happened. I wasn't there, and I won't pass judgment based on a news article. Do I feel for the victims, absolutely, but they too will have their day in court. But rather than rush to judgment in a public forum, I suggest we let the case play out in criminal court and work to find solace for the victims. I don't think that playing these kinds of cases out in the court of public opinion (much less a drum corps message board) does anyone of us any good. 

I’ve personally spoken with a couple of the survivors.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

You guys just wouldn’t let it go and was making such a big freaking deal over his gesture. Taking all out of context to make him out to be a pervert because it fits your narrative!

At least you’re consistent. I don’t think you’ve answered any question I asked yet. 

34 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I’ve just wanted a simple question answered directly and it’s been avoided: so the claim is bitter alumni got 12 women to publicly make claims of abuse, be public with it, and see two of them now going to court with those accusations knowing the risks? 

I just want that fact out there for all to see if thats the defense

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

This would be wise advice on all opinions. There can also be truth as well as perceptions that can be biased to one degree or another based on interactions, hearsay's direct contact or no contact at all. Hopefully, justice WILL prevail but in today's world where up is down, left is right etc etc. I'm not so sure. Have faith I guess.

Excuse Me. The proper phrase is “tittle tattle.”  Please try to do better next time. If you have any questions please ask Mr. Ream. Thank you. 

• Haha 1

"trust the process" - let the judicial process play out

Beyond that I'm not really sure what "value" this thread or conversation really has - it's a tad "enlightening" I guess in terms of viewing different people's impressions - the charged, the alleged victims, and us bystanders

But I say - "trust the process"

• Like 2