In The News – Allentown Cadets’ Former Leader Calls Sex Assault Accusations ‘Orchestrated Smear’

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Lords knows alumni of all ages hated him

There, I think for  a zillion good reasons and maybe one bad reason. I think he could have gotten away with not being a Cadets Alum himself if he'd have just had more tact... consideration...basic people skills towards others at the right moments.

33 minutes ago, BigW said:

Lots of Drama. Need a popcorn eating emoji. :innocent:

Related image

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BigW said:

There, I think for  a zillion good reasons and maybe one bad reason. I think he could have gotten away with not being a Cadets Alum himself if he'd have just had more tact... consideration...basic people skills towards others at the right moments.

This is very true. He admitted he was so focused on the constant pressure of raising funds to meet all of the expenses and keep YEA and the Cadets going. he didn’t see the value of the soft people skills when angry Alumni came at him.  He said, in hindsight this was a mistake on his part. He thought the firery emotions others had towards him would dissipate... just the opposite, in this rage filled society - The fire grew.  If only this was handled differently. He started the Alumni series. There were bigger ideas  and plans for inclusion.  Just ran out of runway... The angry Alumni blew up the runway in the most draconian way they could come up with.

It just didn’t have to happen this way. 

Edited by Lancer79

13 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

This is very true. He admitted he was so focused on the constant pressure of raising funds to meet all of the expenses and keep YEA and the Cadets going. he didn’t see the value of the soft people skills when angry Alumni came at him.  He said, in hindsight this was a mistake on his part. He thought the firery emotions others had towards him would dissipate... just the opposite, in this rage filled society - The fire grew.  If only this was handled differently. He started the Alumni series. There were bigger ideas  and plans for inclusion.  Just ran out of runway... The angry Alumni blew up the runway in the most draconian way they could come up with.

relations with alumni had been shredded years ago, and just added more alumni as time went on. Plus the office staff turnover and anger, oy vey. Basically he found ways for people to not like him on a daily basis.

And if this is the single defense, that means these alumni got 12 women to lie, right?

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

relations with alumni had been shredded years ago, and just added more alumni as time went on. Plus the office staff turnover and anger, oy vey. Basically he found ways for people to not like him on a daily basis.

And if this is the single defense, that means these alumni got 12 women to lie, right?

Actually got 12 women to take a chance on going to jail on perjury raps. I’m calling shenanigans on that one....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

So angry alumni caused him to (allegedly) sexually assault and abuse people?  The rage filled society caused him to treat people like crap?  B.S.  

You can work hard AND be kind to people. Especially the people who are trying to help you. You can be singularly focused and driven AND be kind to people.

Or you can be a myopic self-absorbed bully and all around bad person. 

26 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

So angry alumni caused him to (allegedly) sexually assault and abuse people?  The rage filled society caused him to treat people like crap?  B.S.  

You can work hard AND be kind to people. Especially the people who are trying to help you. You can be singularly focused and driven AND be kind to people.

Or you can be a myopic self-absorbed bully and all around bad person. 

Wow, so much for acknowledging a persons growth and awareness. I bet you would have happily cast a whole bunch of stones, at the woman who was an adulterer!  You must be comfy in your glass house.

There are two kinds of people, those who sin and acknowledge it and those that sin and don’t acknowledge it.  The George I met acknowledged he was in error in many of his past dealings with his abruptness with others. He was looking for ways to ‘fix’ that. 

Im glad your not in charge of this world! YOU would burn everything and everyone down... no mercy given.  

5 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Wow, so much for acknowledging a persons growth and awareness. I bet you would have happily cast a whole bunch of stones, at the woman who was an adulterer!  You must be comfy in your glass house.

There are two kinds of people, those who sin and acknowledge it and those that sin and don’t acknowledge it.  The George I met acknowledged he was in error in many of his past dealings with his abruptness with others. He was looking for ways to ‘fix’ that. 

Im glad your not in charge of this world! YOU would burn everything and everyone down... no mercy given.  

Y'all... 

tenor.gif?itemid=7918942

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1