Most Missed HOF

In some way I think I miss almost all of them. Seems like they all had something unique. Sky Ryders. Freelancers. Oakland Crusaders. And on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

In some way I think I miss almost all of them. Seems like they all had something unique. Sky Ryders. Freelancers. Oakland Crusaders. And on. 

Sky Ryder’s certainly did. One of the best story telling corps of all time 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Nominate corps most-missed from the activity due to a specific "niche" they filled

I'll start this off with Dutch Boy - perennial Canadian champion which I remember featuring fun, audience-friendly reps with lots of soloist and a glamorous all female guard. FUN was Dutch Boy's middle name

1990 they jumped into finals in Buffalo NY

https://www.dutchboydrumcorps.com/

http://www.dcxmuseum.org/index.cfm?view=corpslist&Corpsid=33

What corps do you think are most-missed because they've left a "hole" in the activity

Thank you for posting this, I love how you described each poignant piece, calling this a glamorous guard is spot on, and reminded me of how beautiful the Cadets 75 year anniversary guard nearly made me weep when they entered the field in those fresh Cadet styled garb.  I will vote with you on this one!  This show as just beautiful and just filled my home with such wonderful music!  

47 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Do y'all remember Teal Sound?

I really liked them and am sad they are no longer with us. I always looked forward to scanning their front ensemble the start of each season to see what new or unique instrument(s) they would use. 

SCV, before they were completly AB-sorbed to become Cavaliers 2.0 with “hired guns.” But, they’re winning again, and that’s pretty spiffy to most of the alumni base. I’m surprised they still play the same arrangement of Clowns instead of the “New Era” arrangement with the opening mello solo they tried some years back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1