Most Missed HOF

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

"From West Chester Pennsylvania....."

Remembering the days when WCU was called "Crossmen University."  LOL

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

and had kids from Crossmen, Cadets, Dutch Boy and a slew of DCA corps....

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I will add Velvet Knights to this thread - comedy meets quality on a football field! We all need a laugh and we all miss VK!

The thing I loved about VK was their show development. They would add as the season progressed, and seemed to never sacrifice quality performance before adding in the fun.

• Like 2

North Star was another cops that was just fun. Fantastic drumlines and holy crap that 1979 Sop Soloist was about as good as it gets.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Bucs HoF member Wayne Van Osterbridge was one of them, a great person to be around then as was his brother. Bob Jakubek (SP!?) on Bari and or Contra also marched with the Bucs... Dave Williams on Soprano, Dave Cooper, Ed Watson... Ba-renda,  Other really, really nice folks as well. :thumbup:

Also had a lot of Cadets... Cavies, Scouts, Archie... Westshore...Sun... many corps represented back in the mid-80's period. Now, I'm certain the Bucs, Cadets, and C2 had a real presence, maybe Cabs, unknown on that end of it.

Edited by BigW
Remembered Brother Ed, AEA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

The thing I loved about VK was their show development. They would add as the season progressed, and seemed to never sacrifice quality performance before adding in the fun.

I heard that they would have really great brainstorming sessions and all these ideas would be put out there. I can only imagine how fun it would have been to sit in on one of those. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I heard that they would have really great brainstorming sessions and all these ideas would be put out there. I can only imagine how fun it would have been to sit in on one of those. 

"And HERE... we need a BIG inflatable Godzilla." :laugh:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, BigW said:

Bucs HoF member Wayne Van Osterbridge was one of them, a great person to be around then as was his brother. Bob Jakubek (SP!?) on Bari and or Contra also marched with the Bucs... Dave Williams on Soprano, Dave Cooper... Ba-renda,  Other really, really nice folks as well. :thumbup:

Also had a lot of Cadets... Cavies, Scouts, Archie... Westshore...Sun... many corps represented back in the mid-80's period. Now, I'm certain the Bucs, Cadets, and C2 had a real presence, maybe Cabs, unknown on that end of it.

Staff makes a difference. The Western PA big music school (IUP) had a Royal Crusader as only Jr corps rep in mb the year I was in. Sr side had 3 Westshore Horns and a Hanover Guard. Later had Crossmen snare...