Couldn't find my hi-cam version at the moment, but this will do:

Edited by frachel
text
  • Like 5

Cavaliers - diamond cutter

Cadets - z pull

Star - cross to cross

• Like 3

My picks will not be some of the standard choices that are normally discussed....

SCV '99...collapsing "t" or "y" into a block.  So effective at the end of Symphony #2 that they had to bring it back to close out Blue Shades....so much intensity.

SCV '97...Age of Anxiety finale...back field build... resolving to scatter....tight company front push...final scatter/sunrise with the horns building to that open fifth to end.  Only Vanguard can end a show like that. 

Phantom '93...build into the climax of Fire of Eternal Glory could not of been done better.  Crab stepping wedges w/ snap turn was GE Money too!

Cavies '00....diamond cutter at the end.

Cavies '04...scatter form resolving into 007 was just brilliant.

Phantom '95... Not their greatest over show but that closing minute of drill was incredibly well coordinated with the Rachmaninoff music.

Suncoast Sound '88...final brass push with scatter drill while the pit plays...resolves to company front with "whack, whack, whack...ping." Chills to this day.

Cadets '01...opening scatter set resolving into the true opening as the "orchestra" warms up...so simple but one of my fav Cadets moments.

I could keep going...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sideways said:

SCV '97...Age of Anxiety finale...back field build... resolving to scatter....tight company front push...final scatter/sunrise with the horns building to that open fifth to end.  Only Vanguard can end a show like that. 

That's Fog City Sketches, but yeah, that was an amazing minute of visual bliss. 

46 minutes ago, Lance said:

That's Fog City Sketches, but yeah, that was an amazing minute of visual bliss. 

Sorry...meant the closer was the finale from Age of Anxiety, not the show name.

7 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Sorry...meant the closer was the finale from Age of Anxiety, not the show name.

I should've been able to figure that out, haha. 

Great moment.  Totally like what happens as you get closer to an object in dense fog.  

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes to all of the above and those to come

Honestly there really hasn't been any awe inspiring drill these last few years...I've even spoken with a few drill writers about this as well as that's not really how they are writing shows these days...