Best/Most Memorable Drill Moments in DCI

There are THOUSANDS since I first witnessed in 1973 at the age of 10.  Those Bridgemen people, that Rump Rump, uggggh, those Muchacho people, that CM & TF (let's see if any d/c chicks pick up on that) Crossmen guard that would draw people to drive for miles to see, the innovative outrageously chock full of talent of Le Chatelains, dear lawd, I love my own personal d/c experience!  The most memorable are the most recent, Cadets guard alone at their 75th, The Cadets X, what Gino did with that book of music nearly made me crazy, I had to go to the ENT due to the fact that I could not stop replaying it, via earbuds, every day - like some of you I am now partially DEAF!  This past season I feel I or WE have seen the future of d/c, and I honestly approve, that top five full of smart, bright, engaging young performers, that SCV SNAP heard round the world (I nearly passed out) Blooooo offering such a mad crazy good program that those young adults sold the you know what out of it (I wept and did not miss the standard uniform) but dem Cavaliers . . . oiy . . . since 1979 I have been besotted, BRILLIANT, nothing short of BRILLIANT . . . coming OTL I melted in my seat to the point my friends inquired of my well being . . . but my most beautiful moment of recent . . . 2018 . . . Miss Claire.  It just isn't about what happens on the field for an old fart like me, it's watching these corps bringing forth these new fangled musically outrageous performers and programs, that honestly sorta kinda make me swoon.  In my lifetime I get to see such growth, determination to do the right things.  I heart drum corps and hope the morphing continues to amaze us season after season.  I am rooted in VFW/AL/CYO/Circuits/ALLGIRL  . . . I am however forever a mad crazy drum corps fan . . . go gettem people . . . bring it on as I just can't wait for 2019!  

• Like 3

Oopps, lest I forget to mention, we are a Surf household, we will share the opportunity and the love with any performer who wishes to get to that place.  Surf is where OUR hearts lie = family.  Otherwise, we are mad crazy FANS of this beautiful thing of ours called drum corps.  New Jersey Surf = a remarkable program and experience of their own = if you can = you should really get there and share the love.  If someone needs support to land there for any season, down south jersey is prepared to be of service, say something!  Down South Jersey is all about sharing the love!  

12 hours ago, dcibrando said:

I second this...  also watch the percussion judge and how he narrowly escapes death multiple times lol

Vesuvius is one of the best moments from cadets’ past. If the rest of the show were on par with the last movement it would have been a winner in my opinion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

Yes he did.

watch especially 25-32 seconds......you don't get that lucky on a guess.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BrassFan17 said:

Vesuvius is one of the best moments from cadets’ past. If the rest of the show were on par with the last movement it would have been a winner in my opinion.

All they had to do was shut up and play.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sideways said:

All they had to do was shut up and play.

agreed - hoping with the new direction cadets back off from voice some - I enjoyed last years show but would have enjoyed it more without it personally.  they were good but it seemed more forced in the show than providing more elements of show benefit

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

The other percussion judge that you see at finals often also moves well.

most on the tour do it that well. Just not one in particular

On 1/24/2019 at 7:43 PM, Fran Haring said:

That was a great chart for Argonne.

What a horn line they had... state of the art for that era!!!  I think Truman Crawford did some of the arranging for them in those days.

"Argonne Rebels"

Truman did indeed write some of their charts as did Brian Pennington.  Sandie Opie was the  horn instructor, and she was one of THE best in the business.

Elphaba      :flower:

• Like 4