SCV 1999 still the BEST SCV Ever?

26 minutes ago, TRacer said:

I’m glad I was able to assist. I made direct eye contact with one spectator in Row 2 during that push and held his gaze for 5-6 counts...he went to pieces. IIRC that was the only time SCV marched only 4 lead baritones; we went back to a 6/6/6 split the following year with two of us doubling on Frenchie parts in opener. 

Not uncommon for a good LB section to split and double on the French horns, monster work, but fun.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 9:14 PM, Brian Tuma said:

Yes! One of my all time fave drill moves. The “Y” that collapses into the block. They knew I liked it so much they did it twice.  

On 1/23/2019 at 6:59 PM, George Dixon said:

Just went back and watched it - remembering what it was like live

What do you think - even after 2018's SCV - is 1999 the BEST SCV ever?

Back when they were kicking our $sses, I didn't think the show was that great, but now looking back, the show was fantastic. There are not many drill moves from SCV that I like as much as I do that "Y" that collapses into a block (although, it could have been cleaner, and twice was a little too much for one show). That show was definitely the shiznit and I'm glad they got a title out of it. 

Edited by 2000Cadet

Too many wonderful shows over the decades to have one favorite.  My favorites:  1974, 1978, 1980, 2003, and 2018.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFitz19 said:

Too many wonderful shows over the decades to have one favorite.  My favorites:  1974, 1978, 1980, 2003, and 2018.

I’d add ‘81 to the list. 

What was really amazing about ‘78, besides it being a great show, was that they went from 4th in Whitewater, to winning the whole shebang. 

Edited by Terri Schehr