In addition the criminal charges against GH

23 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

. I do not think( now pay attention ) these women are lying and the guilty SHOULD be punished Do I believe it does not mean a certain group of people may have initiated it , sought people out, etc etc. they both can be true. I've said it over and over and totally stand by that. 

Nobody said you thought the women were lying. My reply to you was not about them at all. Even YOU are separating this issue, with the NEW discussion here today of  " smear " campaign allegedly imitiated on George Hopkins, quite apart from the criminal issues he faces.  " Smears " are knowingly false accusations leveled upon another. We are not conflating the two separate issues.. Even YOU, state here you do not want to confuse, nor conflate the two. You utilized the term " smear " campaign you stated above in bold letters you " KNOW " was initiated on GH. I responded to these comments above from you.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

One can support the women as well as " Know "  a smear campaign was initiated 

ok.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Nobody said you thought the women were lying. My reply to you was not about them at all. Even YOU are separating this issue, with the NEW discussion here today of  " smear " campaign allegedly imitiated on George Hopkins, quite apart from the criminal issues he faces. We are not conflating the two. Even YOU, state here you do not want to confuse, nor conflate the two. You utilized the term " smear " campaign you stated above in bold letters you " KNOW " was initiated on GH. I responded to these comments above from you.

AGAIN the word " Smear was repeated as a word used by Jeff. If thats not enough  then Oh Well and YES there are 2 separate issues and I've been saying it all along. So I guess we are done

Edited by GUARDLING

5 minutes ago, dans said:

Will the speculation, bickering, and courtroom drama ever stop so we can get back to discussing drum corps? I used to look forward to checking in on this site. I find myself spending less and less time on this site.

Well, it is an unpleasant topic to discuss,.. for certain. This thread topic may not be for everyone. I understand. However, there are plenty of thread topics on here to discuss " Drum Corps "  that might be better to your liking. You might even start a new thread topic yourself on any topic related to Drum Corps that interests you and you believe might interest others.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, dans said:

Will the speculation, bickering, and courtroom drama ever stop so we can get back to discussing drum corps? I used to look forward to checking in on this site. I find myself spending less and less time on this site.

I find that that the radical approach of reading the titles is helpful in ascertaining whether the subject matter is something I want to consume.  

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Indeed you do Lancer79. Not only on here, but on other social media Drum Corps fan discussion sites whenever the topic of GH,( post arrest & criminal charge now ) comes up.

Yep, my objective is to witness to the person I met in 2017. To note his interest in hearing about faith (is. It didn’t just happen over this charge last summer, long before). His interest in finding a way to repair the dynamic of relations with this group of Alumni, because he was tired of dealing with the constant negativity they were hitting him with. I don’t need to witness this as it is a know fact. .. but his undying focus on how to make YEA and the Cadets better organizations, in  Every way. 

Why start vocally supporting him in December? I spent the year being silent on social media. I would have one on one PM’s with people but stayed away from the red hot embers of folks on DCP and Reddit and FB. I decided if I speak MY truth and not get involved in subjectivity and speculation I could handle the flames. Obviously it’s not in my hands but in the hands of the lawyers and jurors. I believe in forgiveness and redemption. 

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Well, it is an unpleasant topic to discuss,.. for certain. This thread topic may not be for everyone. I understand. However, there are plenty of thread topics on here to discuss " Drum Corps " to your liking. You can even start a new thread yourself on any topic related to Drum Corps that interests you and you believe might interest others.

Thanks for your thoughts Brasso. However, this thread has no purpose and it has devolved into an argument between a few people. Does anyone honestly believe this thread is useful and productive? This sad and important issue will be resolved in the courtroom, as it should be. Why can't we just wait and see what the outcome is. All the speculation and arguing is really quite silly in the grand scheme of things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I find that that the radical approach of reading the titles is helpful in ascertaining whether the subject matter is something I want to consume.  

Really, thanks for that mindless response. I actually do read the titles. I was under the illusion that this thread was going to be something other than a pissing contest!

12 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Speaking as a member of a family that lost someone to violent crime complaining about this is too minor to even consider... count your blessings iow

• Thanks 1