In addition the criminal charges against GH

20 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I believe in forgiveness and redemption. 

Me as well. Justice too. Even prisoners in prison can receive the Lord's forgiveness, and redemption. And its up to the victims of crimes to determine how much forgiveness they have in their hearts for perpetrators of crimes inflicted upon them. Not any of us here on drum corps discussion boards. While to be sure, GH is entitled to the presumption of innocence in a court of law, I'm inclined to believe these women were the victims of these alleged assaults as we head to trial.. Based essentially on watching and listening to their  telling of what happened to them. Your objective, quite apparent, is to defend him on here and on multiple social media, at every turn. 99% of your comments on these sites are not about the women alleged victims, nor on any other non GH related Drum Corps discussion topics. As you stated, defending GH, despite your acknowledged and expressed minimal contacts with him over the years is  "your objective, and you stay the course". Thats come through loud and clear, and to your credit, you are fulfilling what you claim is your objective on all these sites you are on re GH...

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Ok. Slander is a crime, you know.

3 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Not in Pennsylvania or New Jersey. 

It is my understanding that in the legal sense Slander is Civil not Criminal.

Just now, Stu said:

There are states where it is a crime as well, but less than half. 

40 minutes ago, dans said:

Thanks for your thoughts Brasso. However, this thread has no purpose and it has devolved into an argument between a few people. Does anyone honestly believe this thread is useful and productive? This sad and important issue will be resolved in the courtroom, as it should be. Why can't we just wait and see what the outcome is. All the speculation and arguing is really quite silly in the grand scheme of things.

Maybe. But we discuss, debate, argue, laugh, etc about silly things in Drum Corps all the time. Here and on other Drum Corps discussion boards. Its really up to each of us to determine for ourselves if a thread topic has " no purpose " . Surely you have scrolled by lots of thread topics you assess has " no purpose "... or is " arcane "... or just plain uninteresting for you, or what not. How " useful " and " productive " thread topics and discussions are is really not up to any single one us. A thread topic with little to no " purpose " generally dies on its own accord dans. This one, at the moment, seems to have interest. If its not to your liking, fine, no problem. There are lots of thread topics.. as I said, start your own, if so inclined. I understand you want a black out of discussion of this topic, as its unpleasant a topic, and you'd prefer we don't talk about it until " its resolved in a courtroom ". But thats unlikely. When the press reports something in the newspapers, you can expect a discussion of it on here and on every other Drum Corps discussion forum, even if its not the trial itself, and even if the trial and/ or post trial remains your personal time and preference for all this to be discussed.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Stu said:

True. It does vary from state to state. However, the definition of a  " smear " remains the same in every state, ie "  false accusation(s) or slander designed to the damage the reputation of another". GH, and his allies, claim he is the victim of a smear campaign.  That is being said by his atty, GH, and others both here and on other Drum Corps discussion forums. Its to be expected that people will respond to these claims, both here, and on other discussion boards.

Edited by BRASSO

16 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Maybe. But we discuss silly things in Drum Corps all the time. Here and on other Drum Corps discussion boards. Its really up to each of us to determine for ourselves if a thread topic has " no purpose " . Surely you have scrolled by lots of thread topics you assess has " no purpose "... or is " arcane "... or just plain uninteresting for you, or what not. How " useful " and " productive " thread topics and discussions are is really not up to any single one us. A thread topic with little to no " purpose " generally dies on its own accord dans. This one, at the moment, seems to have interest. If its not to your liking, fine, no problem. There are lots of thread topics.. as I said, start your own, if so inclined. I understand you want a black out of discussion of this topic, as its unpleasant a topic, and you'd prefer we don't talk about it until " its resolved in a courtroom ". But thats unlikely. When the press reports something in the papers, you can expect a discussion of it, even if its not the trial itself.

Point on Brasso. I don’t believe a mans life is Silly and I do see the press, much like the initial reports covered about Covington Catholic, to be showing one side of the story.  Observering over the months a vacuum of opinions being given, I could no longer remain silent. Surely the rocks and stones themselves were about to sing! Granted my exposure and first hand experience is not the same longevity as others on this site... on any site. But that being said, people change. I believe the George of today is very different than the guy you knew. For what he was and did or did not do... that is for the jury.  I believe he was an ### in many ways to many people but I do not believe he is guilty of these charges. 

Edited by Lancer79

20 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I do see the press, much like the initial reports covered about Covington Catholic, to be showing one side of the story.  

Except that GH and his Attorney apparently were contacted by the investigatory reporter, for their" side of the story ". They denied it all with the dozen women, claiming in a terse and one, two sentence comment that all of it "was consenual", in nature and then stated " no further comment " on it.  He could have even elaborated and assisted her to investigate his claim that there was an organized smear campaign organized against him. He apparently did not do so with this reporter either. So GH WAS given the opportunity by the newspsaper to  " show his side of the story "  and to speak in as much length and detail as the alleged victims did on it... but he  apparently declined that offer from the Press., Lancer79.

Edited by BRASSO

21 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Maybe. But we discuss, debate, argue, laugh, etc about silly things in Drum Corps all the time. Here and on other Drum Corps discussion boards. Its really up to each of us to determine for ourselves if a thread topic has " no purpose " . Surely you have scrolled by lots of thread topics you assess has " no purpose "... or is " arcane "... or just plain uninteresting for you, or what not. How " useful " and " productive " thread topics and discussions are is really not up to any single one us. A thread topic with little to no " purpose " generally dies on its own accord dans. This one, at the moment, seems to have interest. If its not to your liking, fine, no problem. There are lots of thread topics.. as I said, start your own, if so inclined. I understand you want a black out of discussion of this topic, as its unpleasant a topic, and you'd prefer we don't talk about it until " its resolved in a courtroom ". But thats unlikely. When the press reports something in the newspapers, you can expect a discussion of it on here and on every other Drum Corps discussion forum, even if its not the trial itself, and even if the trial and/ or post trial remains your personal time and preference for all this to be discussed.

Thanks Brasso. I actually would have moderate interest in this thread if there was discussion about facts vice speculation, bickering, and arguing about who knows what. And I do have interest in the outcome of this mess since I'm a huge Cadets fan. I just prefer to read facts instead of speculation and misplaced drama. Thanks again for you reply.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Except that GH and his Attorney were contacted by the investigatory reporter, for their side, and they denied it all from the dozen women, claiming in a one, two sentence comment that all of it "was consenual", and then " no further comment " on it. So GH WAS given the opportunity by the newspsaper to speak in as much length and detail as the alleged victims did... but he declined the offer. Lancer79.

Well, he has to do what his lawyers advise him to do. You can’t hold that against him. This might be fodder and entertainment for many on DCP but I assure you, this is his life and it’s happening at a time in history with the metoo movement where an accusation against a man will destroy a career... a life. Very serious.