In addition the criminal charges against GH

11 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Well, he has to do what his lawyers advise him to do. You can’t hold that against him. 

While true, you likewise can't castigate the reporter for claiming as you did that She only " covered one side of the story ", when it appears George Hopkins, through his Attorney, was given an opportunity to do so, but declined.

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

I believe in forgiveness and redemption. 

So... from the time you met him... has he shared with you the mean spirited comments and emails he sent to members after the 2017 season of both Cadets and C2? Did he tell you about how he drove people to other organizations by his actions following that season? How about all the USBands schools who were mistreated during the 2017 fall band season... so much so that many bands vowed not to return? You were buddies with him then, correct? How about the sponsors who he upset by not providing the contractually obligated programming but still took thier money? A sampling of the actions of the "NEW GH" you are telling us about that you befriended. Just trying see how you square your knowledge of the man with his actions during this same period.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Well, he has to do what his lawyers advise him to do. You can’t hold that against him. This might be fodder and entertainment for many on DCP but I assure you, this is his life and it’s happening at a time in history with the metoo movement where an accusation against a man will destroy a career... a life. Very serious.

I do not believe the " meetoo " movement ( nor any other movement ) is the reason the DA from Penn. is prosecuting George Hopkins however.. Although, it seems to be another angle, along with the " smear campaign "angle... and also " Alums that did not like his show productions" angle, and so forth.... for the reasons these 12 Women came forth and claim various levels of sexual abuse, rape, sexual intimidation, sexual harrassment, druggings, etc visited upon them. These Women's claims, span a few decades. Different Women.  Many of whom did not know the other alleged Women victims of GH, until the investigation took place.

Edited by BRASSO

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

While true, you likewise can't castigate the reporter for claiming as you did that She only " covered one side of the story ", when it appears George Hopkins, through his Attorney, was given an opportunity to do so, but declined.

She covered the side of the story that gets clicks and sells papers.  She is just doing her job to get one story out there and I’m trying to get what I witnessed and know... out there. Because of the sensitivity of this case there is much that can’t be said... only in a court of law.

26 minutes ago, dans said:

Thanks Brasso. I actually would have moderate interest in this thread if there was discussion about facts vice speculation, bickering, and arguing about who knows what. And I do have interest in the outcome of this mess since I'm a huge Cadets fan. I just prefer to read facts instead of speculation and misplaced drama. Thanks again for you reply.

I’m with you, dans.  This thread has devolved into the same cluster#### as every other one on the same subject.  I wonder why? 🙄

Might as well close it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I do not believe the " meetoo " movement ( nor any other movement ) is the reason the DA from Penn. is prosecuting George Hopkins. Although, it seems to be another canard, along with the " smear campaign "angle... and also " Alums that did not like his show productions".... for the reasons these women came forth and claim levels of sexual abuse spanning decades from GH.

The small group did not like him because he excluded them from being actively involved in the corps.  Not being their, but reading their post, I would imagine the dialogue wasn’t evolved. It may have started out evolved but lots of behavior and misunderstandings led to a pissing contest (as you call it). As the corps ranking fell over the years, they felt “if he would JUST listen to us”, and he didn’t/ wouldn’t. Anger turn to Rage turn to revenge and action. Then also over the years, he became the villain to hate. This whole story was fuel for the flames. Add in the metoo movement and it’s popularity. Not to hard to imagine the rest. 

Edited by Lancer79

5 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

Well, he has to do what his lawyers advise him to do. You can’t hold that against him. This might be fodder and entertainment for many on DCP but I assure you, this is his life and it’s happening at a time in history with the metoo movement where an accusation against a man will destroy a career... a life. Very serious.

I assure you, I am not the least bit entertained by this topic, yet it is an extremely important one. Secondly, I wish there was no fodder, but the “alleged”sexual assaults created it. I truly believe all of us wish the events that created this fodder never happened.

Finally, the survivors of the “alleged” sexual assaults have had their lives crippled and now have to publicly go before a judge, jury and the public at large, and relive their nightmare. Very serious, indeed.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

So... from the time you met him... has he shared with you the mean spirited comments and emails he sent to members after the 2017 season of both Cadets and C2? Did he tell you about how he drove people to other organizations by his actions following that season? How about all the USBands schools who were mistreated during the 2017 fall band season... so much so that many bands vowed not to return? You were buddies with him then, correct? How about the sponsors who he upset by not providing the contractually obligated programming but still took thier money? A sampling of the actions of the "NEW GH" you are telling us about that you befriended. Just trying see how you square your knowledge of the man with his actions during this same period.

I did not ask those questions and he did not share the details of his past like that. We just focused on how the future could be different than the past and how he could go about making that change. He wanted peace. 

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

Thank You 🙂 and YES I do not believe that alumni made these women make up stories. I really don't know anyone who does

I do. it's easy to see. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

Will the speculation, bickering, and courtroom drama ever stop so we can get back to discussing drum corps? I used to look forward to checking in on this site. I find myself spending less and less time on this site.

well...

bickering happens here all year, in or out of season.

and since corps release little information anymore, there's little corps related to discuss except for topics beaten to death a zillion times in the 17 years DCP has been around

• Like 1