In addition the criminal charges against GH

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

There are many who believe George but to say this will cause them the kind of treatment I get. 

Beyond "you" who might that be?  I find your statement here hardly credible at all...Perhaps you need to stop burying your head in the sand...just saying...

• Like 1

I don’t have much more to say, that I haven’t said. 

6 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Beyond "you" who might that be?  I find your statement here hardly credible at all...Perhaps you need to stop burying your head in the sand...just saying...

What I say is first person experience, nothing else. My head is not in the sand and I will not give names or speak names.

18 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

Well, he has to do what his lawyers advise him to do. You can’t hold that against him. This might be fodder and entertainment for many on DCP but I assure you, this is his life and it’s happening at a time in history with the metoo movement where an accusation against a man will destroy a career... a life. Very serious.

I certainly don't see this subject as "fodder" or "entertainment." I would hazard a guess that the majority of posters here, yourself included, feel very strongly about the subject and understand very well it's severity. You are correct, this is about his career and his life. It IS very serious. 

But let us not forget that this is also about the lives of at LEAST 12 women (who knows how many survivors haven't reported anything for various reasons,) who are directly involved and others who are watching intently that survived abuse at the hands of others in our activity over the years. IF the allegations are true, a conviction on this front would serve as a silent victory for them all. This is about THEIR lives too remember. 

I have my personal opinions as well. I think GH's critics are vocal on social media such as this forum and Reddit. ####, I'm one of them in some ways from before the G7 days (G7 just cemented my dislike of his personality.) That being said, my voice, my opinion has absolutely NOTHING to do with what will happen in court. Where I take exception is when I feel that I'm being told that my personal feelings are somehow "flawed" because another persons interaction is in stark contrast to what we have known is typical behavior for quite a few years. It's like the neighbor on the news who says "I always felt that (insert killers name) was a nice guy/gal. They were always nice to me anyways." 

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

There are many who believe George but to say this will cause them the kind of treatment I get. 

The only “treatment” you are getting is when people respond to something you post. No one is attacking you. This is a forum. People post their thoughts in order to elicit responses. That’s how forums work. You post some provocative thoughts. And you’re surprised you’re getting a reaction?  That’s a bit disingenuous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I certainly don't see this subject as "fodder" or "entertainment." I would hazard a guess that the majority of posters here, yourself included, feel very strongly about the subject and understand very well it's severity. You are correct, this is about his career and his life. It IS very serious. 

But let us not forget that this is also about the lives of at LEAST 12 women (who knows how many survivors haven't reported anything for various reasons,) who are directly involved and others who are watching intently that survived abuse at the hands of others in our activity over the years. IF the allegations are true, a conviction on this front would serve as a silent victory for them all. This is about THEIR lives too remember. 

I have my personal opinions as well. I think GH's critics are vocal on social media such as this forum and Reddit. ####, I'm one of them in some ways from before the G7 days (G7 just cemented my dislike of his personality.) That being said, my voice, my opinion has absolutely NOTHING to do with what will happen in court. Where I take exception is when I feel that I'm being told that my personal feelings are somehow "flawed" because another persons interaction is in stark contrast to what we have known is typical behavior for quite a few years. It's like the neighbor on the news who says "I always felt that (insert killers name) was a nice guy/gal. They were always nice to me anyways." 

If you ‘feel’ this way, that is on you. I am not expressing my feelings but instead recounting my one on one interactions. If my speaking causes this discomfort and maybe you feel I should keep my words silent because that would make you feel comfortable. Maybe you just want to hear what re-enforces your beliefs and experiences... well, basically, no. I will not be silent. That being said, I’m not saying your experiences are not factual. I’m not saying your beliefs are flawed. Your or anyone’s thoughts don’t make me uncomfortable. IF the jury finds guilt or reasonable doubt, that’s on them and I will accept that verdict. My experience was meeting a person who was seeking a more peaceful future. Someone who was on the humble and reflective side. As I have interacted from that time, his faith began and transformed him. I don’t know who he was but I don’t think that is who he is. He said he is not guilty of what he is charged and I believe him. I’ve hear others talk about their experiences and I don’t disbelieve them, as his personality has been consistent over the years. I also know how this all came to be and I would imagine the facts of that will come out in the future. Just because he had a personality that many did not like is not a reason to destroy a life and send a man to jail. If the jury finds guilt then so be it. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

The only “treatment” you are getting is when people respond to something you post. No one is attacking you. This is a forum. People post their thoughts in order to elicit responses. That’s how forums work. You post some provocative thoughts. And you’re surprised you’re getting a reaction?  That’s a bit disingenuous. 

I’m from Philly. I don’t feel attacked. If I was bothered I wouldn’t be here or post. That being said, most people will not speak out publicly. Everyone has their way and I respect everyone.

There was a time I had the utmost respect for GH. But as the years went by and thing changed so did GH. What he became was not a surprise to many. All the good that he accomplished over the decades has been washed away because of some very bad choices. But none of it surprises me in the least. I hope the Cadets continue to thrive and grow and move on from this very bad place in their glorious history.:thumbup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

If you ‘feel’ this way, that is on you. I am not expressing my feelings but instead recounting my one on one interactions. If my speaking causes this discomfort and maybe you feel I should keep my words silent because that would make you feel comfortable. Maybe you just want to hear what re-enforces your beliefs and experiences... well, basically, no. I will not be silent. That being said, I’m not saying your experiences are not factual. I’m not saying your beliefs are flawed. Your or anyone’s thoughts don’t make me uncomfortable. IF the jury finds guilt or reasonable doubt, that’s on them and I will accept that verdict. My experience was meeting a person who was seeking a more peaceful future. Someone who was on the humble and reflective side. As I have interacted from that time, his faith began and transformed him. I don’t know who he was but I don’t think that is who he is. He said he is not guilty of what he is charged and I believe him. I’ve hear others talk about their experiences and I don’t disbelieve them, as his personality has been consistent over the years. I also know how this all came to be and I would imagine the facts of that will come out in the future. Just because he had a personality that many did not like is not a reason to destroy a life and send a man to jail. If the jury finds guilt then so be it. 

At no point did I say to keep your words silent. Perhaps that's your past experiences peeking through the veil. You have as much right to speak on your opinion as I do. If I didn't wish to hear both sides, I wouldn't bother to read this thread much less post in it. If nothing else, give me a tiny bit of credit for being smarter than a milk dud. At no point did state that anything you said made me "uncomfortable." I'm made of far tougher stuff than you give me credit for (as most likely are you.) You have your say and I accept that you believe what you believe. However, as someone who expects to have their feelings and opinions validated, I would expect the same of you. We stand on opposing sides of the fence on this issue, but as long as we both understand that the fence exists and that all opinions matter (even if only to ourselves,) then we will at worst, agree to disagree...and that's not a bad thing. If we cannot respect each others view, then there would be no point in continuing a dialog.  

16 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

At no point did I say to keep your words silent. Perhaps that's your past experiences peeking through the veil. You have as much right to speak on your opinion as I do. If I didn't wish to hear both sides, I wouldn't bother to read this thread much less post in it. If nothing else, give me a tiny bit of credit for being smarter than a milk dud. At no point did state that anything you said made me "uncomfortable." I'm made of far tougher stuff than you give me credit for (as most likely are you.) You have your say and I accept that you believe what you believe. However, as someone who expects to have their feelings and opinions validated, I would expect the same of you. We stand on opposing sides of the fence on this issue, but as long as we both understand that the fence exists and that all opinions matter (even if only to ourselves,) then we will at worst, agree to disagree...and that's not a bad thing. If we cannot respect each others view, then there would be no point in continuing a dialog.  

Thank you. My frustration is, people form opinions based on their first,second and third experiences with George (first sometimes being a misunderstanding? But likely not... second and third being ... gossip) and the videos of the women and that’s it.  There is much more to this situation that either I/we don’t know or I know and can’t say.  Their is a lot of repressed and not repressed anger and rage directed at George for many things.  People can ‘imagine’ but they were not there! My take was he was much more bark than bite, but that’s only based on my experience and my gut feeling... I have lived a long life. 58. I have met hundreds of highly driven, intelligent and successful men, so I’m familiar with that kind of passionate and dominate type. I’m never that impressed just a preference on my part. He’s typical. Focused people can often be lacking in understanding the importance of ‘taking the time and interest in listening’. This is where I am at, his faith has and is changed him. I hope the world meets this George. But the jury will decide.