In addition the criminal charges against GH

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I certainly don't see this subject as "fodder" or "entertainment." I would hazard a guess that the majority of posters here, yourself included, feel very strongly about the subject and understand very well it's severity. You are correct, this is about his career and his life. It IS very serious. 

But let us not forget that this is also about the lives of at LEAST 12 women (who knows how many survivors haven't reported anything for various reasons,) who are directly involved and others who are watching intently that survived abuse at the hands of others in our activity over the years. IF the allegations are true, a conviction on this front would serve as a silent victory for them all. This is about THEIR lives too remember. 

Using the opportunity as a moderator...not aimed at the poster

Don't forget, whatever a poster may believe about the women and their stated experiences, or other aspects of the case, others may not believe the same and post about their own beliefs. It is certainly OK to comment on the information being posted, agree or disagree. It is NOT OK to post personal derogatory remarks about the poster. 

This thread has veered into that area at times. Please take a second look at what you are going to post with that perspective in mind prior to submitting the post.

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Using the opportunity as a moderator...not aimed at the poster

Don't forget, whatever a poster may believe about the women and their stated experiences, or other aspects of the case, others may not believe the same and post about their own beliefs. It is certainly OK to comment on the information being posted, agree or disagree. It is NOT OK to post personal derogatory remarks about the poster. 

This thread has veered into that area at times. Please take a second look at what you are going to post with that perspective in mind prior to submitting the post.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

If you ‘feel’ this way, that is on you. I am not expressing my feelings but instead recounting my one on one interactions. If my speaking causes this discomfort and maybe you feel I should keep my words silent because that would make you feel comfortable. Maybe you just want to hear what re-enforces your beliefs and experiences... well, basically, no. I will not be silent. That being said, I’m not saying your experiences are not factual. I’m not saying your beliefs are flawed. Your or anyone’s thoughts don’t make me uncomfortable. IF the jury finds guilt or reasonable doubt, that’s on them and I will accept that verdict. My experience was meeting a person who was seeking a more peaceful future. Someone who was on the humble and reflective side. As I have interacted from that time, his faith began and transformed him. I don’t know who he was but I don’t think that is who he is. He said he is not guilty of what he is charged and I believe him. I’ve hear others talk about their experiences and I don’t disbelieve them, as his personality has been consistent over the years. I also know how this all came to be and I would imagine the facts of that will come out in the future. Just because he had a personality that many did not like is not a reason to destroy a life and send a man to jail. If the jury finds guilt then so be it. 

Following the directive of Mike D, here is an adjusted response just directed at content:

Since the idea that Christian faith has changed him has been posted multiple times, let's go with that premise.

Yes, if a person sincerely seeks forgiveness we are to forgive seventy times seven. But that applies to spiritual forgiveness not actionable. For example, Jeffery Dahmer claimed he had changed in faith and had accepted Christ while in prison; but he also knew that forgiveness was spiritual in the eternal not temporal here in the physical and desired to stay incarcerated (where he was murdered a few days later).

The thief on the cross is a prime scriptural example of that aspect. He knew full well that he was guilty of his crimes against humanity and did not seek to be physically removed from punishment; but through the recognition of Christ his 'spirit' was forgiven to live in Paradise.

Some may point to the adultreous prostitute whom Christ saved from stoning. But most stop short and fail to mention the last, and most important, line in that passage which is go and sin no more. Also, any pointing to forgiveness, including that passage, has to be placed in context with how Christ forgave the thief.

So if we are to believe that he now has faith and had changed his spiritual heart, he will be fine with accepting temporal physical adjudication and show the spiritual change no matter the temporal outcome. Unlike Cosby who claimed to be Christian his entire life but still maintains that his adultry and drug induced encounters were forgivable due to being consensual.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

I’ve hear others talk about their experiences and I don’t disbelieve them, as his personality has been consistent over the years.  

With all due respect.Lancer79,  you could not possibly be in a position to know that "his personality has been consistent " or not" over the years" as you have acknowledged to all that you have not personally known, nor personally interacted with GH,  but for a very, very short time, and only on a very few brief occasions.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

He said he is not guilty of what he is charged and I believe him.  I also know how this all came to be and I would imagine the facts of that will come out in the future. . 

You thus believe the woman are lying about being sexually assaulted,  are part of a plot, GH didn't do it, and its all just an organized smear campaign by a group of Cadets Alums upset because they either did not like his show productions or the fact the Cadets have not medaled in a few years now ( or some other reasons being put forth for this ). You state here you " KNOW " how this all came to be too. My suggestion then, if you have not already done so, is for you to be in touch with legal authorities in Lehigh County. Pa, and to inform them what you claim to " know " about this alleged " smear campaign " . Its apparently being organized on a guy that you seem to have a remaining infatuation with, and you apparently " know " is somehow a victim here of this apparent organized conspiracy to plot and lie about GH ( with multiple druggings and multiple rape claims as the ruse ) in order to remove and replace George Hopkins from the YEA/Cadets Directorships. And that Law Enforcement and the DA's Criminal Investigation and Prosecuting office in Pa. have been apparently duped by what you tell everyone you " know ",  and that they don't " know ".

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

You thus believe the woman are lying about being sexually assaulted,  are part of a plot, GH  didn't do it, and its all just an organized smear campaign by a group of Cadets Alums because they either did not like his show productions or the fact the Cadets have not medaled in a few years now ( or some other reasons being put forth for this ). You state here you " KNOW " how this all came to be too. My suggestion then, if you have not already done so, is for you to be in touch with legal authorities in Lehigh County. Pa, and to inform them what you claim to " know " about this alleged " smear campaign " apparently being organized on a guy that you seem to have a remaining infatuation with, and you apparently " know " is somehow a victim here of an apparent organized smear campaign conspiracy to plot and lie about GH in order to depose him from his YEA/Cadets Directorships.

I am not saying anything about the women.

I get why your thinking the Smear is a fantastical accusation ... I found it hard to believe back in 2017 when he told me what they were doing. After research and my own dealings. These people are real and they really were going above and beyond with their actions to make his life hell. Your first instinct is to say... no way. It was real and focused and factual.

1 minute ago, Lancer79 said:

You don’t have to say anything about them. When you say this is a smear campaign just so others could take control your meaning is clear. IOW it’s a bunch of lies just to remove GH. And that includes the women accusing him. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Yes you are. The Women claim ( and the DA's Office is Pa . believes ) they were sexually assaulted by George Hopkins. Hopkins says he never sexually assaulted them, nor anyone else in his life. You state you believe George Hopkins. That naturally means you disbelieve the Women. In tandem with this, you have repeatedly claimed, here, and other other social media websites, that this is all just an organized conspiracy by ( your words ) " a small group of Alums " at the Cadets. So indeed, you most certainly are saying something about these Women and their claims of purported druggings and rape by GH.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I get why your thinking the Smear is a fantastical accusation ... I found it hard to believe back in 2017 when he told me what they were doing. After research and my own dealings. These people are real and they really were going above and beyond with their actions to make his life hell. Your first instinct is to say... no way. It was real and focused and factual.

Breaking news.... there were alumni of the Cadets who did not like GH! Glad that is settled. This is shocking since we all know how GH bent over backwards to engage Alums in the organization, the way he welcomed former staff members and marching members, the quality way he treated YEA staff and admin members (see the rave reviews on glassdoor) and even one of his best friends during his time there (who ended up raising money for... Boston!). Shocked I say. Glad that is settled now... I will PM some of the victims... I am sure this will make them feel better knowing that GH did nothing and they were manipulated into being part of a grand scheme to wrestle a poor nonprofit from the noble hands of GH. How could we have been so blind to this? A someone call the prosecutor. Clearly there is nothing to the evidence he used to bring the charges since this was all a manufactured hit job by alums.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2