In addition the criminal charges against GH

10 hours ago, BigW said:

And I say, so what  if someone left because they felt it was going to improve their personal life in any way? It's their personal decision. If one runs a business these things happen, and one rolls along and finds the finest new people they can find. It's none of their 'business' as it were.

Agree 1000%. Commenting on anybody leaving for whatever reason is SO unprofessional and inappropriate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Agree 1000%. Commenting on anybody leaving for whatever reason is SO unprofessional and inappropriate. 

Agreed. Our policy at work has always been to not speak on anyone's departure from the company. Even internally, if I am asked "Hey I don't X here today. What happened," I don't know anything. We also have every email screened and they monitor our social media posts. Add to that the plethora of lawyers running around at all times of the day and you learn to "know your audience" really quickly. 

42 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Especially not in the same document where you are advertising to fill that position. 

Just kept thinking: yeah put in for that job and if you get it the boss could be talking about you next.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

why slam someone and especially in a help wanted ad.

Very true, Very, very true. When I've interviewed at a place where I knew what happened, especially something negative... it was usually only in the interview where it was discussed, and usually, "Well, we all know what happened here, it was very unfortunate, we're looking for someone of better character." Sometimes, it was more in the vein "We want to assure you that the last person (And sometimes I knew why and they were spot on) Left on very good terms for another opportunity they've been wanting for years, etc.... (or in one case to work for their spouse)and we wanted to make certain you were aware things are good here between us and them."

Never seen anyone slammed even privately in an interview. Now in a private friendly discussion once with an assistant sup Jim, someone was pretty badly slammed off the record. PM me on that one if you want the juice.

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

???

He’s innocent it was all ticked off alumni conspiring against him 

• Haha 2

Thanks anyway W but I’ve heard some wild off the record stuff and can image. Worse I have heard in an interview was “well they weren’t happy here” with an eye roll. Eye roll was because we both knew the true story but no sense going there.

yeah I’m kind of “special” 🙄 as been in different offices of the same agency for *gag* 35+ years. So interviews are usually “we know your rep, you know what we do and we need another warm body. Wanna try something new?”. And I’m easily bored so switch every 5-8 years. Made a lot of contacts and hear a lot of dirt that way.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

He’s innocent it was all ticked off alumni conspiring against him 

That’s what I thought you meant... calling Olive Stone....

• Like 1

Speaking of interviews, I have 2 favorite interview questions that I ask candidates:

1. If I were to speak with your current or most recent supervisor, what is a weakness that he or she might describe of your work?

2. After the candidate thinks the interview is over, when he or she is putting on their coat or waiting for the down elevator, I'll ask what their plans are for the remainder of the day.

The answers to both questions are always very revealing.

Meanwhile, when a hiring person connects with me and asks why a former employee was terminated or inquires about their work performance, I always say it's our policy not to provide such answers.

A hiring person often also asks if I or my company would rehire the person, but again, it's always been my employer's policy not to answer the question.

I hope only truths surface when GH heads to court.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Speaking of interviews, I have 2 favorite interview questions that I ask candidates:

1. If I were to speak with your current or most recent supervisor, what is a weakness that he or she might describe of your work?

2. After the candidate thinks the interview is over, when he or she is putting on their coat or waiting for the down elevator, I'll ask what their plans are for the remainder of the day.

The answers to both questions are always very revealing.

Meanwhile, when a hiring person connects with me and asks why a former employee was terminated or inquires about their work performance, I always say it's our policy not to provide such answers.

A hiring person often also asks if I or my company would rehire the person, but again, it's always been my employer's policy not to answer the question.

I hope only truths surface when GH heads to court.

So maybe the correct answer to 1 is he would say it is not their policy  to provide such answers.  😄

When reading the Hop combo help wanted / trashing of former employee, I often wondered who in their right mind would apply for a job there. The way in which the help wanted was worded is a gigantic red flag. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Thanks 3