In addition the criminal charges against GH

35 minutes ago, wgiROCKS said:

Yep...that pretty much sums it up.   I don't take all of these post serious.  It's a forum made up of so many opinions for general discussion and it can be entertaining.  I can throw out my general opinions and banter, but I'm not about to 'go deep' on social media.   That's what the future court transcripts will do.   DCP should be renamed GHP since he's getting more attention than the regular world of drum corps and their events lately.   lol! 

The whole thing with GH has taken a front seat because, well, he has been accused of, and is going to court for heinous crimes. Here on DCP, like virtually anywhere else, that is going to take center state. Considering it's the off-season, and corps offer very little info at this point, people are going to talk about something like this because what he is accused of doing is pathetic and disturbing. Would you prefer we just debate when videos are shipping?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

The whole thing with GH has taken a front seat because, well, he has been accused of, and is going to court for heinous crimes. Here on DCP, like virtually anywhere else, that is going to take center state. Considering it's the off-season, and corps offer very little info at this point, people are going to talk about something like this because what he is accused of doing is pathetic and disturbing. Would you prefer we just debate when videos are shipping?

Never said GH shouldn't be discussed if that is what people like to occupy their time talking about.  To each his own.   I'm well aware of the topic at hand, I'm just surprised that people (the same people) and still replaying this broken record for almost a year now.   But like you said, it's off season so anything to talk about is better than nothing.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wgiROCKS said:

I just HAD to get on here and see what everyone was talking about  

George Hopkins.

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

George Hopkins.

Nope....try again.  haha   If George wanted to come on and view what everyone was saying, I'm sure he could do that on his own without taking the time to post.  Not every 'new poster' is GH.   Well, not me anyway.   But, thanks!! 

14 minutes ago, wgiROCKS said:

Nope....try again.  haha   If George wanted to come on and view what everyone was saying, I'm sure he could do that on his own without taking the time to post.  Not every 'new poster' is GH.   Well, not me anyway.   But, thanks!! 

Its nice you've found a thread on here for yourself ( GH ) that has captured your  interest on here so far as a new poster. There are lots of other threads on various topics on here too that perhaps  might catch you interest, and perhaps sufficient enough for you to read, then post your comments on any of these too, if so inclined.  As a brand new poster here, all your posts so far have been on this particular thread topic.  Nothing wrong with that, so don't get me wrong., My reply to you above was to your question for us on this particular thread topic, not my reply on who you are. Enjoy your visits to DCP !

Edited by BRASSO

16 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its nice you've found a thread on here for yourself ( GH ) that has captured your  interest on here so far as a new poster. There are lots of other threads on various topics on here too that perhaps  might catch you interest, and perhaps sufficient enough for you to read, then post your comments on any of these too, if so inclined.  As a brand new poster here, all your posts so far have been on this particular thread topic.  Nothing wrong with that, so don't get me wrong., My reply to you above was to your question for us on this particular thread topic, not my reply on who you are. Enjoy your visits to DCP !

I've been on DCP on and off since 2009, but only as a 'spectator'.  Just reading.   Like I said before, I'm well aware of this topic so I too have been reading all the posts, but never felt the need to get involved in the bickering and/or bashing of opinions.   I assumed you were just saying I was GH since I'm new to posting and I've seen over and over that anytime someone posts anything that DOESN'T bash GH they are presumed to be him.    Thanks........I will enjoy my brief times on DCP.   

56 minutes ago, wgiROCKS said:

Never said GH shouldn't be discussed if that is what people like to occupy their time talking about.  To each his own.   I'm well aware of the topic at hand, I'm just surprised that people (the same people) and still replaying this broken record for almost a year now.   But like you said, it's off season so anything to talk about is better than nothing.    

To call a discussion about the serious charge of sexual assult by a high ranking member in DCI a broken record says a lot!!! Just sayin.

As for the other comment. Good grief Charlie Brown. Of course it is the same people most of the time. This is merely a virtural barber shop or sewing circle; nothing more nothing less. A place where the regulars go to cuss/discuss their interests in DCI or sit down to stitch and b####. Some stay some go some enter some leave, but the regulars continue to chat with Floyd, Barney, Goober, Gomer, al la the Andy Griffith Show. Every now and then we state something profound, or witty, except of course for Jeff but he is the odd child :tongue:

Anyway, nobody here thinks this chat room is more important than it really is. Of course you can read since 2009, enter now as a rook poster, start of with ha, ha, ha; then strut those fraggleRock feathers; that is fine. But again.... while this chat room is not special, the discussion at hand about charges of sexual assult does not a broken record make!!!!

Edited by Stu
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

To call a discussion about the serious charge of sexual assult by a high ranking member in DCI a broken record says a lot!!! Just sayin.

As for the other comment. Good grief Charlie Brown. Of course it is the same people most of the time. This is merely a virtural barber shop or sewing circle; nothing more nothing less. A place where the regulars go to cuss/discuss their interests in DCI or sit down to stitch and b####. Some stay some go some enter some leave, but the regulars continue to chat with Floyd, Barney, Goober, Gomer, al la the Andy Griffith Show. Every now and then we state something profound, or witty, except of course for Jeff but he is the odd child :tongue:

Anyway, nobody here thinks this chat room is more important than it really is. Of course you can read since 2009, enter now as a rook poster, start of with ha, ha, ha; then strut those fraggleRock feathers; that is fine. But again.... while this chat room is not special, the discussion at hand about charges of sexual assult does not a broken record make!!!!

For the last few months I’ve found myself agreeing with you at an alarming rate. This post helps reinforce why it was alarming 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

For the last few months I’ve found myself agreeing with you at an alarming rate. This post helps reinforce why it was alarming 

I have over the years yelled 'Movie' in a crowded firehouse a few times; and you were more than willing, and happy, and elated, and joyful, and gleeful to point it out :satisfied:.

36 minutes ago, Stu said:

Point taken.  I wasn't stating the topic at hand was a broken record (I'm not that shallow or cold hearted)...hearing the same ol', same ol' over and over is the broken record.  Just an observation, not an insult.  Relax.  Like you said,  "Anyway, nobody here thinks this chat room is more important than it really is".  I couldn't agree more!!!   Happy posting!