rpbobcat

In addition the criminal charges against GH

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i can name 10, 3 mocked online when their replacement was sought

I know one we both know, my guess is I prolly know at least one of the other 9 you mentioned. It disturbs me in large part because the people I know are all people I respect greatly- and I would think you feel exactly the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

a question I have wondered....does the new YEA admin have access to all email in YEA history? I could imagine there's a treasure trove in there

If they do not... I wonder of there would be any legal issues let alone ethical in terms of destroying potential evidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

2009 one of his staff left around June. GH put out a help wanted ad that was one part looking for a replacement. The other part was a stream of conscience complaint about people leaving jobs for love and how he felt all about it. Did not name the woman but being part of the help wanted notice it was obvious who it was about. My understanding the person left for personal reasons and had nothing to do with a beau. 

Just a small sample of “just having bad people skills”..... But for GH it’s all about him, including people having to resign for personal reasons. 

And I say, so what  if someone left because they felt it was going to improve their personal life in any way? It's their personal decision. If one runs a business these things happen, and one rolls along and finds the finest new people they can find. It's none of their 'business' as it were.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Let me rephrase that ... I respectfully disagree with your decision. The deleted posts revealed a lot of pertinent information germain to this specific discussion. 

Good morning fellow time travelers. I just finished catching up on the last 20 pages or so...a couple of things FYI:

contrary to some folks' thinking, the moderators do their best to remain impartial and focus on keeping all discussions open and moving along.  tougher than you all may think, especially on discussions so divisive and painful - but necessary - as we have had to deal with the past year.

while the option exists, posts are rarely if ever completely 'deleted' from the forum.; they are 'hidden' from general view and kept as presented for review by the moderating team for follow up and archiving. it allows the admins and mods the opportunity to review the posts in question and the entire discussion and context in its entirety.

I reviewed the full discussion and believe MikeD's assessment and decision were appropriate.  regardless whether the missing posts were germane to the specific discussion, it was a discussion way off topic and overdue for moderating in the first place, by the guidelines.

we'll leave this discussion thread open for the moment, for as long as it can stay relevant and respectful. 

thanks all.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigW said:

 

 

2 hours ago, BigW said:

And I say, so what  if someone left because they felt it was going to improve their personal life in any way? It's their personal decision. If one runs a business these things happen, and one rolls along and finds the finest new people they can find. It's none of their 'business' as it were.

And why slam someone and especially in a help wanted ad. My first thought was disgust at pot shots of a person.Second was how unprofessional it was and coming from the boss yet.

Won’t say what I heard was the reason for leaving but had nothing to do with love or finding better job. IOW half the letter was untruthful character attack. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if nothing else the defense’s argument was exposed 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well if nothing else the defense’s argument was exposed 

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BigW said:

If they do not... I wonder of there would be any legal issues let alone ethical in terms of destroying potential evidence.

I know in my business ,I am not required to retain any document,including emails for more then x years.

We keep them for our own protection.

If YEA regularly purged emails,I don't know that they'd have an exposure.

Obviously,once the you know what hit the fan,they'd have to retain everything.

Last year I took a cyber security class for  my business.

The instructor wanted to demonstrate how hard it is to delete anything in a digital world.

He asked for someone's email address.

Within a few minutes he had pulled up 5 years worth of deleted emails.

So I would think if someone wanted/needed to see deleted YEA emails,it could be done.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I know in my business ,I am not required to retain any document,including emails for more then x years.

We keep them for our own protection.

If YEA regularly purged emails,I don't know that they'd have an exposure.

Obviously,once the you know what hit the fan,they'd have to retain everything.

Last year I took a cyber security class for  my business.

The instructor wanted to demonstrate how hard it is to delete anything in a digital world.

He asked for someone's email address.

Within a few minutes he had pulled up 5 years worth of deleted emails.

So I would think if someone wanted/needed to see deleted YEA emails,it could be done.

 

 

 

 

 

Computer Forensic experts can retrieve just about anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BigW said:

If they do not... I wonder of there would be any legal issues let alone ethical in terms of destroying potential evidence.

Given the loosey goosey way they operated, it may not have been intentional destruction. Changing providers, new servers, etc....my guess is they were not really on top of that type of thing...they probably did not even know they SHOULD have kept the information for some period of time. They seem to run things very fly-by-night in the bad old days.

 

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.