In addition the criminal charges against GH

5 minutes ago, njthundrrd said:

Hey guys, let's put an end to the speculation right here.

The settlement in that article was for the company contribution to his 401k (that by law he deserved) for a few thousand dollars that was offered to him previously. 

fair deal

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, njthundrrd said:

Hey guys, let's put an end to the speculation right here.

The settlement in that article was for the contribution to his 401k (that by law he deserved) for a few thousand dollars. That was offered to him previously. 

Thank you for presenting some actual facts. Amazing that most of the individuals driving this current speculation/conversation didn't know all the facts!

• Thanks 1

I suppose it should be noted that over the years... as fundraising missed its mark, George very often made up the difference with his own funds. Just like in the old days when directors would take a second mortgage on their homes... ie. Bonfiglio and Robinson... to keep the corps going, Hopkins was no different. He poured his life and funds into the corps and organization he loved. Sorry to rain on your parade of bias, hatred and judgment. 

Guys, I will go back to lurking and talking about old times. I want to stay out of these sort of conversations for obvious reasons. 

Hope to see some of you soon.

If you have not signed up for the Alumni/Vol/Fan Leadership Conference this weekend. You can do so at the door on Saturday morning.

SIGN UP HERE - https://yea.org/index.php?option=com_civicrm&task=civicrm%2Fevent%2Finfo&reset=1&id=267&fbclid=IwAR3QA3glHZ0CXz67w1zyiBxoNA82xz1vIJOFUdt4sgwvaqM9-ZTQYnwMQv4 

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I suppose it should be noted that over the years... as fundraising missed its mark, George very often made up the difference with his own funds. Just like in the old days when directors would take a second mortgage on their homes... ie. Bonfiglio and Robinson... to keep the corps going, Hopkins was no different. He poured his life and funds into the corps and organization he loved. Sorry to rain on your parade of bias, hatred and judgment. 

Not sure how you would know this, since you say you only got to know him in 2017-2018.  But even if true, what does that say about his abilities as a manager and fundraiser?  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dans said:

Thank you for presenting some actual facts. Amazing that most of the individuals driving this current speculation/conversation didn't know all the facts!

i was reading the court documents. very enlightening

20 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

it's a fair legal settlement. I see nothing wrong with it.

3 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Not sure how you would know this, since you say you only got to know him in 2017-2018.  But even if true, what does that say about his abilities as a manager and fundraiser?  

it's better if you just take a knee

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's better if you just take a knee

It’s better for you and your cause if I ‘just take a knee’. Just like the small group of Alumni said to George, it’s better for him to just take the draw (as in Chess... aka Bobby Fischer). I think you know what I mean. Check your sources on January 23rd, 2018. 

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's a fair legal settlement. I see nothing wrong with it.

Can you provide the link to the court docs via PM by chance?  I didn't see those and am just interested in reading them (wanted to be a judge in my much younger days) :)