Question for Moderators regarding the Hopocalypse & its fallout

In terms of threads about individual corps... no question it's been the "Cadets (whatever year)" threads.

At least through summer of last year. :innocent:

It's been a lot quieter on the "Cadets 2019" thread.  Jeez... I wonder why. :whistle:

• Haha 1

I’m just seeing the word Hopocalypse and wondering what now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

In terms of threads about individual corps... no question it's been the "Cadets (whatever year)" threads.

At least through summer of last year. :innocent:

It's been a lot quieter on the "Cadets 2019" thread.  Jeez... I wonder why. :whistle:

I agree regarding Cadets, but I would say for some years, how many posts in the Cadets thread were about GH’s rants and how many about Cadets? 

If you were to take individual posts out of threads, I think that prior to 2014 when Blue Devils gave us “Felliniesque” and they won some new fans, there were many anti-Blue Devils posts, but often in threads about show recaps or rule change discussions. 

G7 may have been the most volatile. Most of us are in agreement about GH  being removed. With G7 posts and responses could get nasty.

• Like 2

All I know is that when I found my way here for the first time in 2011, G7 was a really hot topic. It seemed to bring out the worst in just about everyone. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, crownisking said:

All I know is that when I found my way here for the first time in 2011, G7 was a really hot topic. It seemed to bring out the worst in just about everyone. 

It actually brought out 'the best' in the directors and supporters of the non-G7 while it only brought out the worst in the directors and supporters of the G7. Assertevly and passionately defending the honor and integrity of the non-G7 corps, especially all of the OC who were to be eliminated, from dictatorial bullies was not bringing out the worst in everyone.

Edited by Stu

10 hours ago, crownisking said:

when the CNN article about the G7 stuff hit in 2010, he even joked he was a lightning rod. And he was. from day 1 of the internet, he was and is the most discussed, good and bad, person in the activity. However, Dan Acheson seems to be catching up since April. 

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

when the CNN article about the G7 stuff hit in 2010, he even joked he was a lightning rod. And he was. from day 1 of the internet, he was and is the most discussed, good and bad, person in the activity. However, Dan Acheson seems to be catching up since April. 

IIRC, I compared him to a happy little kid in the middle of a field in a lightning storm holding an iron bar above his head with a great big grin then. He loved that. Not so much anymore.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

And to think I used “the guy” as my avatar for years. SMH. 

Something tells me Dan won’t be at the helm for much longer. Especially if attendance actually does drop significantly.

2 hours ago, BigW said:

IIRC, I compared him to a happy little kid in the middle of a field in a lightning storm holding an iron bar above his head with a great big grin then. He loved that. Not so much anymore.

I kept comparing him to the 85 pound Boxer my sister found up by Italian Lake in the city. He didn’t care if he was getting praised or screamed at. At long as he got some form of attention.

He was a handful at times but no one broke in that house on 3rd Street. He’d look out the window with that “yeah c’mon in here. I wanna play fetch... with your arm” look.