Question for Moderators regarding the Hopocalypse & its fallout

2 hours ago, crownisking said:

And to think I used “the guy” as my avatar for years. SMH. 

Something tells me Dan won’t be at the helm for much longer. Especially if attendance actually does drop significantly.

attendance isn't dropping - they have an IMPROVED line up of major shows

Personally I'd say we are poised for the best/most attended DCI year in history

21 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

attendance isn't dropping - they have an IMPROVED line up of major shows

Personally I'd say we are poised for the best/most attended DCI year in history

I know attendance has been trending upwards but if DCP is any indication, perhaps this year we may see a number of fans decide to stay home. I know how crazy that sounds but I’ve also seen multiple people on different platforms say the same thing. Could they calm down by the start of the season and decide to support DCI anyway? I guess we’ll all know soon enough.

26 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I know attendance has been trending upwards but if DCP is any indication, perhaps this year we may see a number of fans decide to stay home. I know how crazy that sounds but I’ve also seen multiple people on different platforms say the same thing. Could they calm down by the start of the season and decide to support DCI anyway? I guess we’ll all know soon enough.

most of the people on the "I'm boycotting DCI" thread state opening they haven't attended shows in years

The reason I say DCI will have a banner year is my personal expectation of the product that will be on the field

BD will be out for blood, SCV will be epic IMO, Coats want another trophy, Boston is eyeing the top 3, Crown is aiming for top 3 with some very interesting changes, Cavaliers/Cadets are both having much better off seasons, etc etc etc... 

DCI has also improved the regional/stadium line ups

It just feels like a big season is coming

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

most of the people on the "I'm boycotting DCI" thread state opening they haven't attended shows in years

The reason I say DCI will have a banner year is my personal expectation of the product that will be on the field

BD will be out for blood, SCV will be epic IMO, Coats want another trophy, Boston is eyeing the top 3, Crown is aiming for top 3 with some very interesting changes, Cavaliers/Cadets are both having much better off seasons, etc etc etc... 

I have two tickets (next to me and that guy) for sale in the marketplace. 

Just wanted a chance to plug the tickets.  😉 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have two tickets (next to me and that guy) for sale in the marketplace. 

Just wanted a chance to plug the tickets.  😉 

you should get a good price :lle:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Yep... tough to boycott something you haven't been to. LOL

I've never been to a NASCAR race, and have no desire to go to one, so this year I plan to boycott NASCAR. :laughing:

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Yep... tough to boycott something you haven't been to. LOL

I've never been to a NASCAR race, and have no desire to go to one, so this year I plan to boycott NASCAR. :laughing:

I haven't been to NASCAR either - but I'm thinking of joining your boycott 

• Haha 1

I work for NASCAR as the concierge to the drivers and give garage tours... So, I won’t be boycotting NASCAR or DCI. Both are great activities, though I’ve never really been a spectator much. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I haven't been to NASCAR either - but I'm thinking of joining your boycott 

The only auto racing I actually enjoy watching from time to time is Formula One, on those road courses, through city streets, etc.  Those guys are hardcore... racing in the rain, the dark, whatever.

And the sponsorship dollars involved there... insane. I think Formula One might be printing its own money.  LOL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

I work for NASCAR as the concierge to the drivers and give garage tours... So, I won’t be boycotting NASCAR or DCI. Both are great activities, though I’ve never really been a spectator much. 

That's pretty cool. I have nothing against NASCAR at all... just not my cup of tea.