Question for Moderators regarding the Hopocalypse & its fallout

5 minutes ago, BigW said:

Well. one already sees the percussion logos on most of the equipment. Wouldn't be surprised if one might see logos on any costume they wear in the future much like Soccer... NFL...Folks can dodge it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

There was a NJ corps called Fantasia III that caused a raving stink circa 1980 when they took a sponsor flag (thinking Burger King) out with their Main Guard... everyone panned it, they were forced to get rid of that... Well, anyone else remember them? Are they still around? Food for thought.

I remember them!!!!  Long gone, I think. 

19 minutes ago, BigW said:

Well, once they lost that sponsorship because everyone flipped out... IIRC that was the stake in the heart.

We in Sun had JB Scotch flags... but I think we only used them for a parade or two... maybe a standstill gig... and not in the honor guard.

42 minutes ago, BigW said:

I guess I must be the exception in that I was put off by the fans in the stands....Dad and I still remember the guy who clocked his GF and knocked her out cold in front of Pocono. yeah, we have our crazy Drum Corps stories, but sheesh.... the ones that nearly ended up getting Dad and I embroiled in bad situations and having to start swinging to protect ourselves and each other were all NASCAR, not DCA, not Garden State, not DCI...

Where ever people are drinking alcohol... represented inhibitions take flight! 

21 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

We in Sun had JB Scotch flags... but I think we only used them for a parade or two... maybe a standstill gig... and not in the honor guard.

Makes sense... I know Cabs had a Bud sponsorship in the late 70's early 80's. Never any outward signs of it, but their schedule cards all had the logo on it and mentioned them as a sponsor.

1 minute ago, BigW said:

Makes sense... I know Cabs had a Bud sponsorship in the late 70's early 80's. Never any outward signs of it, but their schedule cards all had the logo on it and mentioned them as a sponsor.

With all this talk of alcohol... maybe we can steer this thread back toward the topic by mentioning that "Hop" is one letter short of "Hops"!!!!  :tongue:

11 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

With all this talk of alcohol... maybe we can steer this thread back toward the topic by mentioning that "Hop" is one letter short of "Hops"!!!!  :tongue:

Hippity Hops make it tops! Betting John Z has had his share of Olde Frothingslosh. 

Edited by BigW

Hasn’t everything to say about Hopkins been said from every angle 100 times over? IS there an unvoiced opinion? 

12 minutes ago, Lancer79 said:

Hasn’t everything to say about Hopkins been said from every angle 100 times over? IS there an unvoiced opinion? 

If Hop would shut up, I’m pretty sure the adverse reaction to his narcissism would die down. He brings this on himself. As always. Since he will NEVER again be involved DCI, no matter the outcome of a trial, the sooner he goes away the better. 

• Like 2