Question for Moderators regarding the Hopocalypse & its fallout

no probably the G7 topics had more...maybe some with complaints about results.

( not a mod just been here since day 2)

No question the current events have taken up a large portion of the post counts lately, but the answer to your question would be difficult to really say with any confidence.  as of now and as far back as 2005 I see 106 PAGES of locked topics, not including hidden or deleted threads.  going only by the titles would be misleading, because a lot of discussions morph into alternate subject matter du jour which MAY or MAY NOT have caused the thread to be closed.

from my 13 years here as a mod/admin, Jeff's G7 guess might be a good one, a few others that come to mind would be several "off topic" current events topics ( the reason for some of the community guidelines), amplification and electronics, and instrumentation..... 

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It seems to me that just about every discussion of GH & fallout has been closed by the Moderators for one good reason or another.  Question is - Has this been the most closed set of topics in DCP history?

No way of knowing. Quite early one we had a lot of closures due to "arguing" - which was sort of a hold-over / bleed-over from the old RAMD days

I'd guess either general "arguing" or G7 or this current batch have been the toughest from a moderating standpoint

Most of the ones now just get off the topic or original point of the thread and become what's known in the biz as "zombie threads" -- and they must die

and clarification - I am not a moderator, just helping provide further insight 

Edited by George Dixon
clarification

30 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

No way of knowing. Quite early one we had a lot of closures due to "arguing" - which was sort of a hold-over / bleed-over from the old RAMD days

I'd guess either general "arguing" or G7 or this current batch have been the toughest from a moderating standpoint

Most of the ones now just get off the topic or original point of the thread and become what's known in the biz as "zombie threads" -- and they must die

and clarification - I am not a moderator, just helping provide further insight 

I'm not sure why a new thread would be any more likely to stay on topic than the previous thread about essentially the same topic.  

13 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I'm not sure why a new thread would be any more likely to stay on topic than the previous thread about essentially the same topic.  

However, this is a good time of the year to discuss things tropical.

2 hours ago, Lance said:

I'm not a mod either, but there seemed to be a never-ending stream of petition threads about A&E that got people pretty riled up for 6 months at least. 

early on there was a lot, but for 2-3 years, the G7 was the gift that kept on giving