Music corps should NOT do

8 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Zappa was a fan.   

No comment lol... just read the link to the New Yorker article, kind of Jackson 5 scarey stuff but without the talent to make it go. Ugh

edit: no comment to Franks unique tastes

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

P.D.Q. Bach??? Nah, nevermind. Everyone should perform music by the great P.D.Q. Bach.

I completely agree!!!! :laughing:

One of my favorites: "Erotica" Variations For Banned Instruments And Piano. :tongue:

On the live-album version of that, he introduces his pianist as "having played with major orchestras on both sides of.... Interstate 80."  LOL

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Zappa was a fan.   

Music a corps should do: Zappa's "BIlly the Mountain."  :laughing:

Of course, it would have to be done over two or three seasons. Maybe like the Crossmen's trilogy in the early '90s.  LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DCIPhan78 said:

I've always wondered if anybody has done a Grateful Dead tune in DCI which I think potentially could work if done well but would be hard to pull off.

And think about it.... if a corps did a Grateful Dead show, they might attract a bunch of fans who would attend every single contest the corps was in!!!  :laughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

And twirl dance.

I have a nephew who is a big Phish fan.  Same "jam band" dynamic with them... some fans go to literally every show, every year. My nephew actually misses a few from time to time.  LOL.

I went to a show with him in 2011. That band is great!!!  And the audience..... definitely some interesting people-watching.  Very friendly, laid-back crowd... but I thought I would get a contact high from the ganja smoke filling the air. :tongue:

• Haha 1