Music corps should NOT do

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

az616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=676&h=6a1b619de

Some songs are so bad, they're so good..  haha!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Some songs are so bad, they're so good..  haha!

They’re all good when you’re drunk at a wedding.   Wait until they play Otis Day and the Nights “Shout”. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

“Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds”, as performed by William Shatner on his Golden Throats album.

“Windmills of My Mind”, as performed by Raymond Burr on an episode of The Muppet Show. 

“Twinkle Twinkle Little Earth”, as performed by Leonard Nimoy on HIS Golden Throats LP.

”Love Hangover” by Diana Ross, for no other reason than the title. Cool tune, though. 

Probably anything by Barry White (“Ah know what you want...” <wakawaka guitar riff> “Yeah...”) 

Edited by TRacer
Typoz
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TRacer said:

“Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds”, as performed by William Shatner on his Golden Throats album.

“Windmills of My Mind”, as performed by Raymond Burr on an episode of The Muppet Show. 

“Twinkle Twinkle Little Earth”, as performed by Leonard Nimoy on HIS Golden Throats LP.

”Love Hangover” by Diana Ross, for no other reason than the title. Cool tune, though. 

Probably anything by Barry White (“Ah know what you want...” <wakawaka guitar riff> “Yeah...”) 

Yes, ' not to be done by any Drum Corps. I do believe each of your selections here have the full capacity to break prisoners at Guantanamo..:worthy:

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/29/2019 at 1:29 AM, Cadevilina Crown said:

4'33"

Senators in the UK used 4’33” in one of their shows in the 90s - “Listen with your Eyes” think was the show - obviously they didn’t perform the whole piece 😎

11 hours ago, TRacer said:

Don't forget "Deck of Cards" by Wink Martindale. :laughing: 

6 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Don't forget "Deck of Cards" by Wink Martindale. :laughing: 

No to any John Travolta non-Grease work or John Schneider (Dukes of Hazard).

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TRacer said:

Kiwanis Kavaliers in 1981 and Seattle Cascades in 1996 did not get the memo about “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.” While I can’t say they used the William Shatner version as their inspiration, I do agree this Beatle’s anthem remade by Elton John should be left off the field. So too should John Fred’s semi parody “Judy in Disguise with Glasses.”

Full disclosure: I can hold my own with repertoires in many cases, but I did look up “Lucy” on DCX.