Music corps should NOT do

I started to think about the worst musical film scores a little more and some real gems came out of my self reflection. I also realized that there were some real slobber knockers of horrible film in the early 1980's that deserve some love on this list. 

The Pirate Movie - go ahead an admit that you watched...probably multiple times 

Thomas Dolby - Howard the Duck

And anything from the Yor, Hunter from the Future soundtrack

Whip It  (Devo)

She Was Only 16  (Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show)

You're 16 (Ringo Starr)

I Saw Her Standing There (Beatles)

Anything by Ted Nugent

• Haha 2

Go Away Little Girl (Steve Lawrence/Donny Osmond)

Wake Up Little Susie (Everly Brothers)

Georgy Peorgy (Toto)....Georgy Porgy Puddin' Pie Kissed the Girls and Made them Cry, Georgy Porgy puddin' pie kissed the girls and made them high

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

Georgy Peorgy (Toto)....Georgy Porgy Puddin' Pie Kissed the Girls and Made them Cry, Georgy Porgy puddin' pie kissed the girls and made them high

Sirius was playing this stinkeroo on the morning commute... gag...

kids song “everybody hates me, nobody likes me, I’m gonna eat worms....”. Keep thinking it when I see the conspiracy posts regarding GH....

On 1/28/2019 at 1:08 PM, tesmusic said:

TimK posted in the Music Corps Should Do thread that it would be fun to have a list of music that corps should NOT do, so here goes. What are songs that you think should never be done.

I'll start: anything by Yanni.

Have you ever listen to Yanni's tribute album?   Lots of cool stuff in there including Great mixed meter stuff.  Def some drum Corps music in there but each to their own :)

On 1/28/2019 at 1:08 PM, tesmusic said:

TimK posted in the Music Corps Should Do thread that it would be fun to have a list of music that corps should NOT do, so here goes. What are songs that you think should never be done.

I haven't stirred things up out here in a while so let me throw this out there and I'm sure it's going to stir some things up and by the way when I say stir  I mean with a wooden spoon yes I grew up on wooden spoons and I'm still alive to talk about it 🙂

Wind ensemble pieces.   Yes there has been some  good stuff to come out of this genre but this genre has been so beaten to death over the years it's unbelievable.  Talk about beating a dead horse in the mouth . 

Let's sideline it for a while 😊

17 hours ago, KeithHall said:

I've seen Toto 14 times but even I have to agree with this one lol