Seattle Cascades 2019

With numerous staff changes, 3 corps that placed above them not going to Indy, and a large turnout throughout the camp season, what do you see or hope to see for the 2019 Cascades?

Personally I think it's entire possible for the corps to grow from last year and make at Semis

Edited by Cascadia
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Cascadia said:

With numerous staff changes, 3 corps that placed above them not going to Indy, and a large turnout throughout the camp season, what do you see or hope to see for the 2019 Cascades?

Personally I think it's entire possible for the corps to grow from last year and make at Semis

I hope so! I have always enjoyed this corps!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

(Massive) bump!

Best of luck tonight on your 2019 tour premier, Cascades! I’m excited to see where the corps lands with some interesting staff changes and a show that initially sounds like it will be really strong. Surf seems to have decisively turned a corner this year; I hope to see the same for Cascades! Would love to see the corps back on their 2015-2016 track.

Have a great start to your tour tonight!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, I really enjoyed what I saw yesterday!! Despite all of the staff changes and a much slower start than usual to the season, Cascades only ended up a little less than .3 behind their 2018 SATX score. The opening hit was quite impressive and really grabbed my attention. Asphalt Cocktail sounded great and really cooks and it goes along. The ballad is terrific...LOVE the final hit and the screamers! 

Here's why I actually remain pretty optimistic that Cascades will keep climbing steadily in score throughout the rest of the season: the opener and ballad sounded & looked great; the closer was clearly new and they're still getting it under their belts. If they can clean to the levels that they're at in the opener & ballad, I feel like the group will be able to end the season quite nicely, still vying for Semifinals. I realize there's not much time left, but this group demonstrated they can clean very effectively after the way their opener & ballad sounded after a week and a half off...just apply that cleaning to the closer! Best of luck the rest of the season, Cascades!

• Like 1

Agreed!  Brass sounded great last night & percussion knows what they are doing!  My only critique is the visual program tends to adjust based on the props, which likely gets them marked down in vis.  Those members are taking their safety first, which is a good thing, but the props don't tend to stick out enough for me & appear more a hindrance then a help.  If there was a way to utilize them without sacrificing visual & make them stand out a smidge more, this show would likely get a bump in points.  ...but this isn't due to members.  They are doing incredible!  The soloists are outstanding & they have the energy!  Keep is up Cascades - show them what the 206 can do!    

• Like 2