Past 10 Seasons

Favorite Season  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Season

So being a relatively new fan of DCI, I'm realizing I've missed out on a lot! In particular, the highs and lows that corps and fans a like go through as a season goes on. So being introduced to and seeing my first DCI show in 2015, and not really following the activity until the 2017 season, I've really only gotten to fully experience and track 2 seasons as a fan. So with all that being said, I was wondering out of the past 10 seasons to keep it pretty fresh and relevant, from 2009-2018, what has been your favorite season in that time span and why? Just to keep up some banter! I added a poll because I like to see things visually as well 😄 stay warm out there!

Edited by OhioBoy_99
  • Like 1

For me, each year since 2011 has been enjoyable and the years I have been able to hit both Allentown and Indy are a bonus. In choosing a favorite year overall, I’m undecided. 2014 came to mind first, but i did not get to Indy that year so I did not see OC. 2016 and 2017 were both amazing, but I’d give 2017 a bit of a plus with the SCV Anniversary show in Indy after semi’s. In 2018 I loved the variety of OC, many WC shows impressed me, but the overall experience was enjoyable. I also had two full weeks vacation which started prior to Allentown and continued until just after Indy, so I was not rushed. My flight home was canceled, but I was able to get on an earlier flight so even that worked out, so I guess in the end I’ll give it to 2018.

Probably 2014, because I saw more DCI corps in person that year than I have in many of the years before or since.  LOL.

Plus.... the Blue Devils that year... unbelievable. Best drum corps I have ever seen.  And I go back to the Stone Age. :laughing:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Probably 2014, because I saw more DCI corps in person that year than I have in many of the years before or since.  LOL.

Plus.... the Blue Devils that year... unbelievable. Best drum corps I have ever seen.  And I go back to the Stone Age. :laughing:

Very Paleolithic of you.

• Haha 1

2013 of course -- Crown!

I'm going with 15 for competitiveness. There was a show about a week before finals where the Top 4 corps all ended up scoring 93.X. I don't think I've ever seen it that close!

2 hours ago, ouooga said:

I'm going with 15 for competitiveness. There was a show about a week before finals where the Top 4 corps all ended up scoring 93.X. I don't think I've ever seen it that close!

That was a pretty fun finish. Add to that, the fact that BD got a penalty during prelims, and then the new ending, and climbed from 4th on prelims to 1st on Finals night.

• Like 2