Best EARLY SEASON show/corps that ending up NOT winning?

3 hours ago, Lance said:

didn't BD 95 come out on fire?

They did, but so did the Cadets and Cavaliers. 

Also BD tied for brass and took home best guard, so I’d say they did pretty well.

They didn’t get too percussion, something about a triplet roll...

Saw Bluecoats early in 2018 and fell in love with the show..Apparently, their changes, or lack thereof , didn't impress judges enough to keep them numero uno after mid season

SCV 2017 (Best show I've ever seen live) (First live show was in '16, cripes I'm young)

Phantom 2010 (Won Sanford for a reason)

Phantom 1994 (Underrated show, Ritual Fire Dance was en fuego (I'll see myself out))

Edited by TheAngryBavarian

On 1/31/2019 at 11:01 AM, Jeff Ream said:

the black was to highlight the neon green, which in the end killed everything. all velocity was suddenly not as visually impressive in the black as it was in maroon and white

And the supposed reason for the "neon" green was that the atomic number of neon is 10.

But neon is colorless under ordinary conditions, and when charged, the color it emits, as is well known, is not green but red.

Wasn't 1988 BD undefeated until finals night when the strange performance order draw cost them the title to Scouts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seinphan said:

Wasn't 1988 BD undefeated until finals night when the strange performance order draw cost them the title to Scouts?

BD was undefeated coming into Championships that '88 season. But that assessment of why they lost, (ie, "performance order " ), would be unfair to the'88 Madison Scouts Corps, imo. Madison lost to a few Corps early in that '88 season.  Phantom Regiment, Star of Indiana,  Cavaliers,  and to the Blue Devils ( BD by as much as 4-5 points in July). But Madison went to Europe mid season,  was away from competition with BD and the others as a result. The Madison Corps reportedly bonded very well on their trip to Europe, and the Corps improved... a lot. They came to Kansas City DCI Championships that season and beat not only the Blue Devils, but everyone else.. in both Prelims and Finals. They were phenomenal at that "88 Championships, ( watch the video on youtube ) and it would be a disservice to Madison's improvement and achievement from early season to Championships to attribute their '88 Title win to " performance order", that I would concede and agree with you, was a bit unusual and quirky that season.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4