Then vs Now

12 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Interesting scenario but we still cannot assume that the reason for MM's comment was based on the design of the show. It's possible that the specific MM felt objectified but without her statement as to why she responded how she did, how can we be sure. 

I have a colleague at work who once made a blanket statement that "all old men are creepy perverts." It didn't matter who it was or their intention, they were all creepy perverts out to get her. It turned out that she had been victimized by her grandfather and that (understandably so,) significantly colored her perception. Now, without that knowledge of her past, how can anyone make a statement about her feelings on "all old men" that would be anything more than assumption. 

I see your point Stu. I really do. And much like other things such as advertising, it holds some merit. But the example given, without input from the member themselves, simply doesn't point to a specific reason why the statement was made without having to assume. 

I posted the question earlier if you do not mind responding: Was the show design Core of Temptation appropriate and ok within DCI for you?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

I posted the question earlier if you do not mind responding: Was the show design Core of Temptation appropriate and ok within DCI for you?

I saw the comment but didn't respond because I have not seen the show and therefore can't make that judgement as of yet. I don't think it would be fair to say one way or another before I have had the opportunity to see the design myself. Hopefully, I will get a chance to do that this evening and then I will be happy to respond. 

18 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I saw the comment but didn't respond because I have not seen the show and therefore can't make that judgement as of yet. I don't think it would be fair to say one way or another before I have had the opportunity to see the design myself. Hopefully, I will get a chance to do that this evening and then I will be happy to respond. 

Fair enough.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

You are making the assumption that the majority of people do not enjoy what is being presented. Like with everything and in every era, everyone will not  like everything presented. 

and the example presented, Boston 2009, was a huge hit with the crowds all summer long. I heard nary a person mention a thing about being offended by the topic, or attire.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stu said:

This is a serious question for Jeff and Guardling, however anybody can answer. Was putting high school and college-age girls in a performance as being artistic sexual objects and promoting sexual promiscuity as being a fun activity in the show entitled Core of Temptation appropriate and okay with you as an art form within DCI?

seems to me you're missing so much more of the premise of the show than sex. And considering what passes for mainstream entertainment today, sold to kids in fact, that show was down right ####### tame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

That is YOUR interpretation.  Not everyone elses.  At least not to the extent you are trying to promote.  I didn't view it as extreme as you seem to have. 

to him, if a uniform shows any piece of skin other than face or hands, it's exploiting the kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Interesting scenario but we still cannot assume that the reason for MM's comment was based on the design of the show. It's possible that the specific MM felt objectified but without her statement as to why she responded how she did, how can we be sure. 

I have a colleague at work who once made a blanket statement that "all old men are creepy perverts." It didn't matter who it was or their intention, they were all creepy perverts out to get her. It turned out that she had been victimized by her grandfather and that (understandably so,) significantly colored her perception. Now, without that knowledge of her past, how can anyone make a statement about her feelings on "all old men" that would be anything more than assumption. 

I see your point Stu. I really do. And much like other things such as advertising, it holds some merit. But the example given, without input from the member themselves, simply doesn't point to a specific reason why the statement was made without having to assume. 

but your answer doesn't fit his agenda and just means you're ok with sexually exploiting kids as part of a show design

45 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

to him, if a uniform shows any piece of skin other than face or hands, it's exploiting the kids.

17 year old female cheerleader in short skirt uniform, on the sidelines at a football game giving cheers, fine no problem. Same 17 year old cheerleader in the same uniform but in a suggestive sexual movie, huge problem. Get it!

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

seems to me you're missing so much more of the premise of the show than sex. And considering what passes for mainstream entertainment today, sold to kids in fact, that show was down right ####### tame.

Again justifying bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stu said:

17 year old female cheerleader in short skirt uniform, on the sidelines at a football game giving cheers, fine no problem. Same 17 year old cheerleader in the same uniform but in a suggestive sexual movie, huge problem. Get it!

if you find Boston 2009 extremely suggestive in a sexual manner, I think maybe you should avoid all forms of mainstream entertainment

• Like 2